Answers to news quiz
1. B. Miss South Africa Rolene Strauss won the 2014 Miss World title.
2. A. Ted and Cheryl Goins have decorated an open 10-foot “Yule ladder” as their Christmas tree for the past three years.
3. C. The 924 wreaths were placed at grave sites in the Salisbury National Cemetery annex next to the Hefner VA Medical Center.
4. D. Craig took a drunken ride on a bicycle, and it led to his being convicted of habitual impaired driving. He was sentenced to a minimum of five years and six months in prison.
5. C. In the previous six months, the Department of Social Services lost 20 percent — 15 people total — of its income maintenance caseworkers.
6. C. Piedmont Players bought the Eastern Costume Co. of Greensboro and is in the process of moving the business to downtown Salisbury.
7. B. Lineberry said Chick-N-Ale just wasn’t going to grow fast enough without a standalone building and a drive-through.
8. A. Fibrant made a $229,000 profit in 2013-2014, the first year it has been profitable since starting in 2010.
9. D. Cherry’s flight from Seoul, South Korea, to Dallas-Fort Worth was diverted to Tokyo after the plane went through heavy storm turbulence.
10. C. A.L. Brown High’s environmental club sponsored the Beard-a-thon to raise money for the World Wildlife Fund, in support of endangered species.