Blotter: Salisbury teen charged with stealing, returning items to Walmart without receipt
Published 12:00 am Saturday, December 20, 2014
A Salisbury teen was charged after authorities said she took items from Walmart then tried to return them for money months later.
Salisbury Police charged Moriah Inez Duren, 18, of the 400 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, with felony obtaining property by false pretenses.
Officials said Duren bought some items on Sept. 29, but was seen on store surveillance stealing a $30 comforter from the store on Wednesday, a report said.
She later tried to return the comforter without a receipt and store personnel denied her return. The store personnel said the teen had been in the store the day before and returned three items, later believed to be stolen, without a receipt.
She was issued a $300 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday a break-in occurred in the 500 block of Ferndale Drive.
• Schaefer Interstate Railing reported on Wednesday someone broke into the property in the 100 block of Dolly Madison Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday her daughter assaulted her in the 300 block of Julia Drive.
• Authorities issued citations on Thursday for marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 100 block of West Thomas and Church streets.
• Freeman Payton III was found on Thursday in possession of marijuana in the 1000 block of Freeland Drive.
• Kmart reported on Thursday a larceny occurred at the store, 815 E. Innes St.
• Radio Shack reported on Thursday a larceny occurred sometime between Nov. 20 and Thursday at the store, 1301 E. Innes St.
• An emergency room staff member reported on Friday he was assaulted while at the hospital, occurred at 612 Mocksville Avenue.
• A woman reported on Friday an assault occurred in the 500 block of North Shaver Street.
• A man reported on Friday his cousin assaulted him in the 1400 block of Lakewood Drive.
In Sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a burglary that occurred in the 4500 block of Jack Brown Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole items from her car from the 1500 block of West N.C. 152, China Grove.
• Moore Farms reported on Wednesday someone took items from the property in the 2200 block of Hall Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone took items from his vehicle in the 700 block of North Chapel Street, Landis.
• A Concord woman reported on Wednesday she was assaulted while in Salisbury in the 1100 block of Tammy’s Park Road.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of a physical assault in the 200 block of Westfork Drive.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of an assault in the 200 block of Nuggett Lane.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was assaulted in the 100 block of Castle Drive.
• Shane Nicholas Rabon, 34, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor cyberstalking in the 5900 block of Faith Road.
• Jeffrey Seth Kearns, 22, was charged on Wednesday with felony larceny in the 100 block of Walker Parker Place, Granite Quarry.
• Jonathan Todd Trexler, 46, was charged on Wednesday with larceny felony habitual while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Luke Alexander Morgan, 25, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 2000 block of Old Union Church Road.
• Rusty Dale Ray Propst, 23, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun at Long Ferry Road and Willow Creek Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.