Blotter: Equipment stolen from research station
An employee at the Piedmont Research Station reported on Tuesday that when he went into work he noticed someone had taken $600 worth of equipment.
The employee checks the property each morning and saw that a building had been broken into, a report said.
He reported two Husqvarna chainsaws and Stihl weed eaters were taken. The property was last secured the day before at 4 p.m., report said.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Members of the Aggressive Criminal Enforcement team conducted a license checkpoint on Cannon Farm Road on Tuesday and charged a man way with marijuana possession and concealed weapon.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone vandalized her home in the 8100 block of Orphanage Road, Rockwell.
• NC Department of Transportation reported batteries were taken from equipment in the 1800 block of Centenary Church Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone took scrap metal from his property in the 6700 block of U.S. 52.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone pried open her back door and stole electronics from the 3000 block of Airport Road.
• A man reported on Tuesday some time between Dec. 12 and Tuesday someone took batteries from his farm equipment in the 300 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone took items from her home in the 9500 block of Caldwell Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone took his firearm from the 2700 block of Grubb Ferry Road.
• Kayla Leigh Brown, 28, and Leigha Fay Goldin, 29, were charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor using a telephone to threaten bodily harm in the 200 block of Gallimore Road.
• Conner Shane Stillson, 17, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon in the 4400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Robert Hampton Linker, 49, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor communicating threats while at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Angela Dawn Cress, 36, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Jessie Dewayne Cress, 36, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 2700 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
In police reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a burglary at her home in the 1400 block of Crosby Street.
• Nicholas Dontae Burts, 27, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 700 block of Victory Street.
• Kenneth Denard Brown, 50, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 200 block of Claymont Drive.
• Moriah Inez Duren, 18, was charged on Wednesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at Walmart.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
If you took a look around A.L. Brown High School over the past few weeks, you might notice a few... read more