Blotter: Two charged with simple marijuana possession
Rowan authorities say two men were charged with marijuana possession after a traffic stop in China Grove. The incident occurred early Thursday morning in the 1700 block of South U.S. 29.
A Rowan County Sheriff’s deputy was conducting a license checkpoint in front of the restaurant. The deputy asked the driver, later identified as Patrick Thomas Britt, 20, for his license. The deputy saw a bag of marijuana sitting on Britt’s lap, a report said.
He did not answer when the deputy asked what was on his lap. The passenger, later identified as Joshua Allen Britt, 23, never looked at the officer, the report said.
The deputy asked Patrick Britt if he had any weapons inside the vehicle, and he said that he did. The officer detained the two men and searched the vehicle. The deputy found a black-powder long gun and a hunting rifle in the pickup.
The deputy found a small bag of marijuana inside a cigarette pack in Joshua Britt’s front pocket. He was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Patrick Britt was also charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Both were issued a $500 bond.
Patrick Britt also has a pending Rowan court case for misdemeanor marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor. In 2012, Patrick Britt was convicted of misdemeanor larceny.
In 2012, Joshua Britt was convicted of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault in the 1000 block of Spring Meadow Drive.
• Zackary Shane Rogers, 16, was charged on Thursday with felony breaking and entering vehicles in the 2400 block of Old U.S. 70, Cleveland.
• Donald Ray Clonch, 25, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor fraudulent disposal of personal property in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Clint Aaron Tucker, 33, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 200 block of North Chapel Street, Landis.
• Kassie Michelle Blackwell, 25, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule VI controlled substance in the 6200 block of U.S. 601.
• Christyn Lowery, 32, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In police reports:
• A man reported on Friday an assault occurred in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• A man reported on Friday a larceny occurred in the 900 block of Newsome Road.
• A woman reported on Friday a burglary occurred in the 400 block of Institute Street.
• A man reported on Friday a larceny occurred in the 900 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported on Friday a larceny occurred at Walmart.
• A woman reported on Saturday an assault occurred in the 100 block of Elm Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday a purse snatching occurred in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Saturday a burglary occurred in the 1100 block of West Innes Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday her vehicle was stolen from the 200 block of Balfour Drive.
• A woman reported on Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 200 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported on Sunday a larceny from his vehicle in the 400 block of South Fulton Street.
• Alyssia Paige Overman, 19, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Gold Hill Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
The Rowan History Club and N.C. Humanities Council will present Bob Plott and the history of the Plott hound as... read more