Blotter: Police searching for suspects in foiled robbery attempt
The attendant at M and L Mini Stop foiled a robbery attempt Saturday.
Two teens walked into the M and L Mini Stop at 1126 N. Main St. in Salisbury with a backpack around 2:15 p.m. Saturday afternoon. They walked toward the left side of the store, behind a display of two-liter soft drinks.
The attendant asked him what they were doing, to which the replied that they were counting change to make sure they had enough.
The cashier heard the two open the backpack and thought they were stealing merchandise, so he rounded the corner and asked to check the bag. The teens refused.
Around that time, a regular customer entered the store, and the attendant locked the front door to keep the teens from running.
The boys began begging to go – one even started crying.
The cashier and customer took the backpack, unzipped it and found a shotgun.
At that point, the teens “took off running down the street,” according to Salisbury Police Capt. Shelia Lingle.
One was on foot and the other was on a bicycle.
The suspects are described as two thin black males, about 5’4” tall, wearing black hoodies with white scarves around their faces.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is encouraged to call the Salisbury Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
In other police reports:
- PMC bank reported unlawful entry of a home when suspects returned to a property in the 100 block of Fairfax Dr. in Salisbury after being evicted Friday.
- A man reported a burglary in the 1400 block of E. Council St. Friday.
- A man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 300 block of Faith Rd. in Salisbury Friday.
- A woman reported a larceny in the 200 block of W. D Avenue Friday.
- An attempted abduction occurred at the intersection of Heilig Avenue and S. Main St. reported on Saturday.
- A woman reported a burglary in the 700 block of N. Shaver St.
- A man reported a larceny in the 100 block of S. Main St. in Salisbury Sunday.
- A forcible rape was reported Saturday on W. D Avenue Sunday at 8:15 p.m.
- Tomanche Mysheme Jackson, 17, was charged with resist, delay and obstruct a public officer in the 200 block of Bendix Dr. in Salisbury Friday.
- Darryl Van Walker was charged with profane or indecent language on a highway in the 1500 block of Brenner Avenue Friday.
- Tamarcus Dyqwon Canady, 21, was charged with intoxicated/disruptive cursing/shouting at others in the 800 block of W. Bank St.
- Mandrail Jamar Woodberry, 25, was charged with assault on a female in the 1400 block of Majolica Rd. Saturday.
- Tonya Marie Rankin was charged with misdemeanor larceny Sunday.
- David Lucas Dyson was charged with assault on a government official in the 200 block of W. C Avenue in Salisbury Monday.
In sheriff’s reports:
- A man reported that a motor scooter was stolen from his residence in the 100 block of Highton Lane in China Grove Wednesday.
- A woman reported that someone broke into her home and stole items in the 100 block of Red Pine Rd. in Gold Hill Thursday.
- A woman reported seeing men load stolen scrap metal into a truck in the 400 block of John Rainey Rd. in Salisbury Thursday.
- A woman reported a larceny in the 100 block of Elliot Drive in Salisbury Thursday.
- Kenneth Jacob Meuten, 20, was charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 100 block of Proctor Drive in Salisbury Thursday.
- Ashley Richelle Boucher, 23, was charged with Assault with a deadly weapon Thursday in the 100 block of Proctor Drive in Salisbury.
- Cody William Ford, 19, was charged with communicating threats against an officer in the 8000 block of Longbriar Dr. in Kannapolis Thursday.
- Malik Lamar Dwight, 18, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon or assault inflicting serious injury Thursday.
- Kristyn Michelle Wale, 28, was charged with misdemeanor larceny.
- Shawana Queen Barnes, 34, was charged with resist, delay and obstruction of a public officer in the 900 block of Lakewood Dr. in Salisbury Thursday.
- Marcelinn Mendez, 19, was charged with felony possession of stolen goods Thursday.
- Aaron Thomas Overcash, 30, was charged with third degree sexual exploitation of a minor on Thursday.
- Melinda Deann Beaver, 35, was charged with allowing a vicious animal to run at large.
Rowan County residents could soon have a few more shopping options along Julian Road and I-85. The Rowan County Board... read more