Blotter: Salisbury pair found with marijuana smoking pipes during traffic stop
A Salisbury pair were cited after an officer stopped them during a traffic stop and found smoking pipes on them. A report said one smoking pipe was made out of a can of beer.
Salisbury Police issued citations to Jonathan Brian Koontz, 21, of the 1700 block of North Lee Street, for possession of drug paraphernalia and a warning for an expired license plate; Kayla Elizabeth Smicker, 21, of the 300 block of Quail Pointe Drive, for possession of drug paraphernalia.
The stop occurred Wednesday around 9:10 p.m. at Old Concord Road and Clay Street. The vehicle was driven by Koontz, the report said.
The officer searched the car and found a small amount of marijuana residue in the center console, a handmade smoking device in the back floorboard. Smicker was found with a marijuana grinder and smoking pipe in her purse.
Koontz has a pending 2014 case in Iredell County for possessing an open container of alcohol in the passenger area, aiding and abetting, simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other police reports:
• The N.C. Department of Public Safety reported on Wednesday a vandalism to one of its probation/parole vehicles in the 100 block of East Kerr Street.
• A man reported on Wednesday a larceny that occurred in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A man reported on Wednesday that he was the victim of credit card fraud in the 900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A counterfeit bill was used on Wednesday in the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Tuesday that her residence was broken into and items were taken from it at 1000 Wilson Wood Drive, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported on Tuesday that a larceny occurred in the 100 block of Knoll View Drive.
• A woman reported on Tuesday that a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Scaley Bark Drive.
• Cassie Renee Overcash, 18, and Michael Allen Beaver, 22, were charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 200 block of Joy Circle.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office has filed charges against a 14-year-old who they say brought two butcher knives to West... read more