Blotter: Police catch man hiding in bushes, charged on outstanding warrant
By Shavonne Potts
Salisbury Police caught up with a man who they say tried to hide from them while they were serving an outstanding warrant Thursday afternoon for shoplifting.
A report said Shannon Dale Hartman, of the 400 block of Correll Loop Road, ran around the 700 block of North Shaver Street a couple of times. He attempted to hide in the bushes, but was caught. Hartman, 39, remains in the Rowan County jail under a $20,000 secured bond.
Hartman has a pending 2013 Cabarrus County case for drug possession, as well as multiple 2013 and 2014 Rowan County cases for possession of stolen goods, assault on a female, felony cocaine possession, driving while license revoked and other traffic infractions. He also has a pending 2014 Davidson County case for misdemeanor larceny.
He was convicted in 2006 of manufacturing methamphetamine and felony drug possession. Authorities busted Hartman and another man who operated a meth lab inside his Correll Loop Road home. He served five years for that offense.
He’s also been convicted of tampering with a vehicle, larceny, assault on a female and DWI.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday a burglary occurred in the 1000 Old Plank Road.
• A man reported on Thursday he was robbed in the 300 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported on Thursday her vehicle was broken into in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• Police seized marijuana on Thursday in the 1300 block of West Horah Street during a traffic stop. A citation was issued.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a physical assault in the 800 block of Klumac Road.
• Super Speedwash reported on Friday someone vandalized in the 100 block of South Avalon Drive.
• Jlexis Zikeria Chambers, 16, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
• Steven Michael Jones, 25, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 500 block of Cemetery Street.
• Police charged Raiquan Quintarrien Smith during a traffic stop for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while in the 200 block of Institute and West Bank streets.
• Violeta Carolyn Gomez, 19, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny in the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred sometime between Sept. 12 and Oct. 28 in the 100 block of Rock Olive Drive, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of an assault that occurred in the 400 block of Marsh Campsite Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone took mail from her mailbox in the 200 block of Lois Lane.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone vandalized her vehicle in the 1300 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone assaulted him in the 9800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was physically assaulted in the 100 block of Garden Lane.
• Ashley Elizabeth Corriher, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 200 block of Crawford Drive.
• Terry Lee Young, 34, was charged Wednesday with felony possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule VI in the 2500 block of Foxfire Drive.
• James Ray Haynes, 24, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering in the 200 block of Neazer Street, Rockwell.
• Kendrick David Lee, 28, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Garden Lane.
A Salisbury woman turned herself in to authorities, they say, after she punched a 7-year-old boy at a school bus... read more