Blotter: Nervous Salisbury man winds up with marijuana citation
Police issued a citation to a Salisbury man for simple marijuana possession after he appeared nervous during a traffic stop.
A report said an officer ran the license plate of a Mercedes on Wednesday around 11 p.m. that was heading in the opposite direction near North Long and East Council streets. The information said the tag was “inactive,” said Police Capt. Shelia Lingle.
The officer turned around and stopped the vehicle. The officer noted that the driver, later identified as Anthony Jermaine Holloway, 29, of the 500 block of Young Road, was very nervous and shaking, a report said.
The officer asked Holloway for an ID and he presented a North Carolina ID card and a New York driver’s license. He told the officer he lived in both states.
The officer ask if Holloway had any illegal substances on him and he admitted to having a small bag with 1.2 grams of marijuana in his front pocket.
In other police reports:
• A man reported on Thursday a vandalism occurred in the 300 block of North Jackson Street.
• Gregory Alphonso Lyles, 51, was charged Monday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct and delay of an officer in the 1900 block of Statesville and West Jake Alexander boulevards.
• Mark Andrew Foutz, 25, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 100 block of Crawford Street.
• Lisa Celeste Linkins, 29, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a child or minor in the 500 block of Magnolia Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Monday his vehicle was vandalized in the 1700 block of Millbridge Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Tuesday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Scaley Bark Drive.
• On Tuesday, a man reported someone broke into an outbulding and took items from the 200 block of Rowan Cabarrus Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported on Tuesday that someone took items from her storage building in the 1000 block of Maidstone Drive.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone forced their way into her home in the 8100 of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• Also on Tuesday, a woman reported that her credit card was used in the 300 block of Coley Road.
• Beda Moose Lisk, 41, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
A Salisbury man remains in the Rowan County jail under a $250,000 bond after authorities discovered a meth lab inside... read more