Blotter: China Grove man previously charged with embezzlement faces more felony charges
A China Grove man previously charged in Mecklenburg for embezzlement faces more felony charges, warrants say.
Rowan County authorities served arrest warrants on Clint Allan Fontenot, 25, of Pethel Road, for six counts of obtaining property by false pretenses.
In August, Fontenot was charged in Mecklenburg County with embezzlement. He was an employee with Roby Electric and was accused of taking $16,717.85 worth of supply and electric equipment from mid-June to early July, according to warrants.
He was charged in Rowan County after taking a coin collection worth more than $5,000 along with a rifle, two shotguns and a revolver from neighbors. He is also accused of taking and later pawning stolen jewelry.
In 2009, Fontenot was convicted of larceny, consuming alcoholic beverage under 21 and financial card fraud, all of which are misdemeanors.
He was issued a $1,500 secured bond and Rowan officials said he was released the same day after paying the bond.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday her ex-boyfriend took back his car but has not returned her ignition interlock device that was installed in the vehicle for alcohol monitoring in the 100 block of Courtney Lane.
• The NC Department of Transportation reported on Wednesday someone took a sign from the 12800 block of Stokes Ferry Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported on Wednesday a vandalism occurred in the 3200 block of Mooresville Road.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone stole his vehicle in the 2300 block South U.S. 29.
• Kendrick Jamal Vinson, 23, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 300 block of Grace Church Road.
• Cigi Marie Strange, 22, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Alex Young Bruce, 26, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 2000 block of Faith Road.
• Darryl Lamar Blackwelder, 51, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 500 block of Dove Meadow Drive.
In police reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday a burglary in the 1300 block of Standish Street.
• D Mart #3 reported on Thursday a fraudulent act occurred in the 1600 block of South Main Street.
• Tool Rental Depot reported on Thursday someone broke into the business in the 2000 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole her scooter in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault in the 600 block of East Lafayette Street and North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of South Caldwell Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone broke into her apartment in the 1200 block of West Fisher Street.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of a larceny in the 800 West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported on Thursday someone broke into his vehicle and stole items in the 700 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Pop Shoppe reported on Friday a burglary at the store in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• Teona Lashay Haugabook, 18, was charged on Thursday with felony larceny by employee in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.