Posters, Wednesday, Oct. 29
Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• J.C. Price American Legion Post 107 Halloween and Crime Prevention program, 5-8 p.m. Thursday. Refreshments, music, prizes, face painting, prizes for three best costumes. Police and fireman demonstrations, Sweet Frog. Children must be under 15 and be accompanied by a parent or adult. Contact Leonard Hall at 704-640-6360.
• Knox Chapel UMC annual bar-b-que, Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. or until gone. Plates, sandwiches, homemade desserts, drinks, eat in or take out. 3520 Amity Hill Road, Cleveland.
• Spaghetti dinner at Second Presbyterian Church, 1578 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis, Saturday 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Adults $7, children under 6 free. Proceeds to My Fathers House of CCM. Kannapolis area men will be serving.
• St. Luke’s Reformed Chicken pie/chicken noodle dinner, Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., 1775 St. Luke’s Church Road. Adults $8, age 6 and under $4, eat in or carry out.
• St. Peter’s Lutheran Church covered dish fundraiser, noon, Sunday after worship. Proceeds from silent auction go to the preschool in honor of retiring director Betty Pierce. Information 704-279-5054.
• Tickets for 44th Annual Louisiana Turkey Gumbo on Nov. 7, Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Eat in or take out. Sponsored by Sacred Heart Catholic Daughters. Contact Maria Perkins 704-633-9551, Vickie Kotlarz 704-933-8878, Kathy Seybold 704-637-6484.