Town Crier community events
• Smart Start Rowan board/executive committee, noon, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• DAV Chapter 96, 6 p.m., Bldg. 6 of Salisbury VA. Meal provided for $7 by the DAV Ladies Auxiliary, starting at 5 p.m.
• GriefShare, Monday 6-8 p.m., Central Baptist Church, 1810 Moose Road, Kannapolis. 704-467-2795
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, 6:30 p.m., RPL, 201 W. Fisher St., 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave.
• Kneeling Gardeners, 7 p.m., Trinity UMC, 416 E. First St., Kannapolis. Rusty Harris on ‘Introduction to Bonsai.’ Information 704-933-1127.
Tuesday, Oct. 28
• Free coffee and doughnuts for veterans, 9-11 a.m., Frontier Coffee Shoppe in Thelma’s Restaurant, West End Plaza.
• TOPS NC 437, 10 a.m., Lane St. Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St., Kannapolis. Weigh-ins 9:30 a.m. Information Linda Ramsey, 704-938-3634.
• Salisbury Planning Board Committee 2 to study fencing, 3 p.m., first floor conference room, City Hall.
• Planning Board regular meeting, 4 p.m., City Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
• Members of the Salisbury City Council invited to community meeting sponsored by Salisbury Parks and Recreation Dept., 5 p.m. at Miller Recreation Center. A quorum of City Council members may participate, however no action will be taken.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services (DSS), 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. 704-463-0111, www.uwharriecba.org
Thursday, Oct. 30
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., Glenda Edwards 828-310-8491, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Nov. 1
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
• AmVets Post460 Fall Turkey Shoot, 10 a.m., 285 Lakeside Drive, near the lake. 704-633-5018.
• Brunswick Stew, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. or until gone, Cleveland Lions Den. Eat in, take out. Follow signs from Hwy 70 Lions Den on Cemetery St. Information, John Brown, 704-278-9206.