Blotter: Rowan teen charged with indecent liberties with a child
A Rowan County teen remains in the Rowan County jail Monday, a week after being charged with felony indecent liberties with a child.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged 16-year-old Shane Steven Hobart with two counts of felony indecent liberties with a child. The incidents were reported Thursday by a family member who told officials the abuse occurred twice that same day. Hobart was issued a $25,000 secured bond. The victim, 10, was known to him.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday items were taken from his home sometime between Oct. 14 and Thursday in the 100 block of Squirrel Run.
• Gordon’s Used Parts reported Thursday some scrap metal was stolen from the 600 block of China Grove Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Thursday a handgun and crossbow were stolen from his vehicle in the 600 block of Lake Ford Road.
• Austin Coy Coleman, 16, was charged Thursday with felony possession of stolen goods while at the Salisbury Police Department.
In police reports:
• A man reported Friday a burglary occurred at Laurel Pointe from the maintenance building in the 100 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• A man reported Friday a theft of his vehicle in the 300 block of Lash Drive.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny in the 600 block of East Monroe Street.
• A man reported Friday he was assaulted by his ex-girlfriend in the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
• A woman reported Friday a bag was stolen from her vehicle in the Walmart parking lot.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary occurred in the 500 block of North Ellis Street.
• A woman reported Saturday the theft of her vehicle from the 900 block of Maple Avenue.
• Iglesia El Buel Pastor church reported Saturday someone drilled holes in the gas tank of a van parked at the church. A gas can was left at the scene and 15 gallons of gas had leaked out in the 2700 block of Cottage Street.
• A woman reported Saturday a simple assault in the 100 block of Elyse Avenue.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary in the 1400 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported Saturday an unauthorized person used his credit card number in the 1900 block of West Innes Street.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 1000 block of Rachel Lane.
• A man reported Saturday his medicine was stolen from the 1800 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny occurred in the 30 block of Kesler Street.
• A man was cited Saturday for indecent exposure at Hurley School Road where an elderly man told an officer he had a weak bladder and could not make it to the bathroom in time so he urinated behind a softball field.
• A man reported Sunday a motor vehicle theft in the 1800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported Sunday an assault with a deadly weapon offense occurred she said after her boyfriend struck her with a handgun in the 700 block of Wilson Road.
• A woman reported Sunday her boyfriend hit her in the head with a cell phone in the 200 block of West 10th Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Associated Press Thomas Eric Duncan was remembered here Saturday as a big-hearted and compassionate man whose virtues may have led... read more