Two arrested during routine check
Two people with a Mooresville address were arrested Monday during a routine welfare check on an elderly person by a Rowan County Sheriff’s deputy.
Amy Marie Booth, 36, charged with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer. She was placed under a $1,000 secured bond, but had been released by Wednesday afternoon.
Akura Laquan Rickett, 33, was charged with resisting, delaying, or obstructing a public officer and assaulting a government official. He was released on a $2,000 bond.
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Capt. John Sifford said Deputy Nathan Naturile was met on the porch of a residence at 9075 Unity Church Road, Mooresville by Rickett.
Rickett at first said the elderly man being checked on wasn’t in the house, Sifford said. Rickett later said the elderly man was sleeping, Sifford said.
Rickett quickly became angry, saying that he “was tired of ya’ll coming out here and harassing us when we’ve done nothing wrong,” Sifford said, while reading from a Naturile’s report.
Sifford said Rickett quickly became belligerent and later tried to slam the door in Naturile’s face.
When Naturile prevented the door from slamming in his face, Rickett threw a punch at Naturile, which missed, according to the deputy’s report.
Naturile lowered Rickett to the floor and warned that he would use a stun gun if Rickett resisted, Sifford said.
Rickett stood up and began to run away from the house. Naturile used his stun gun, which worked briefly, until Rickett was able to break contact with the stun gun’s barbs, Sifford said.
Rickett continued running from the house, Sifford said. When Naturile finally brought Rickett to the ground, Rickett took everything out of his pockets and threw the items to the side, Sifford said.
Booth ran out, picked up the items and went back into the Unity Church Road house, which resulted in her charges, Sifford said.
An additional law enforcement officer arrived and Naturile was eventually able to check on the elderly man.
Sifford said the man has a contusion on his head, but the man said he had received the injury while falling.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A woman on Monday reported that someone created a fake Craigslist ad in her name on the 200 block of Stone Mill Circle in Salisbury on Sept. 26.
• A fight at West Rowan High School was reported on Monday.
• A larceny on Monday was reported on the 600 block of West Ritchie Road in Salisbury on Sept. 25.
• A woman on Monday reported a burglary on the 1000 block of Wilson Wood Road in Woodleaf.
• A man on Monday reported a burglary on the 10700 block of Unity Church road in Mooresville.
• A woman on Monday reported a larceny on the 1300 block of Kern Carlton Road in Salisbury.
• Trevon Davis, 17, was arrested Monday on charges of breaking and entering a building on the 2100 block of Airport Road in Salisbury.
• Valerie Shay Glover, 17, was arrested Monday on charges of fighting on the 8000 block of N.C. 801 in Mount Ulla.
• Bryant Allen Godsey, 16, was arrested Monday on charges of assault on the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road in Salisbury.
• Paris Fancine Rucker, 28, was arrested Monday on charges of assault on the 200 block of North Main Street in Salisbury.
• William Edward Neely, 52, was arrested Monday on charges of habitual felon on the 100 block of West Liberty Street in Salisbury.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A person reported Sunday a driving while intoxicated violation on the 500 block of East Innes Street in Salisbury.
• A woman reported on Sunday an assault on the 900 block of North Church Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday a larceny on the 400 block of Ackert Avenue.
• A business reported Monday a burglary on the 200 block of Klumac Road between 6 p.m. and 11:57 p.m. on Sunday.
• A man reported Monday a larceny on the 700 block of Maple Avenue between 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 26.
• A woman on Monday reported a burglary that occurred on the 200 block of West 14th Street between 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. on Saturday.
• A man reported on Monday that a Target credit card in his name was used twice at a Target in Charlotte on Saturday.
• A woman reported welfare fraud Monday on the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a burglary on the 1100 block of North Church Street between 7:15 a.m. and 9:15 a.m.
• A man on Tuesday reported vandalism on the 1300 block of Standish Street.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a larceny on the 1000 block of East Innes Street between 5 p.m. and 9:40 p.m. on Tuesday.
• A woman on Tuesday reported credit card fraud on the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Rebecca Marie Runyans, 23, 210 Sunset Drive, Apt. 511, Salisbury, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of larceny by servants and other employees.
• Rodney George Withers, 19, 612 Harrell St., Salisbury, was arrested Tuesday on charges of larceny and a probation violation.
• Antoine Alfonzo Holmes, 36, 427 E. Cemetery St., Salisbury was arrested Tuesday on a charge of possession of firearms by a felon.
Contact reporter Josh Bergeron at 704-797-4246