Blotter: Salisbury man charged with violating domestic protective order while the victim was in the car
A Salisbury man who already has a pending child abuse case in court will have to appear later this month for violating a domestic violence protective order. He was arrested during a traffic stop with the woman he was supposed to remain away from, a report said.
Salisbury Police charged Nathan Charles Latta, 25, of the 100 block of Hawkinstown Road, with misdemeanor violating a 50-B protective order.
The traffic stop occurred Friday just after noon at the intersection of Liberty Street near North Fulton Street. A report said at the time of the stop, Latta was in a vehicle with a woman, who obtained the protective order against him.
Latta was held for an automatic 48-hour hold because the charges involved a domestic case.
He was charged a month ago with child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury. Latta is currently on probation for a February 2012 conviction of drug possession in Iredell County. He has been convicted of burning personal property, common law robbery, possession of stolen goods, assault and battery, and larceny.
In police reports:
• A man reported Monday a burglary at his residence and his medication was taken from the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
• A woman reported Monday someone took two TVs, an Xbox game system and a wig from her home in the 300 block of West Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary in the 500 block of North Ellis Street.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary in he 200 block of West Lafayette Street.
• Taffaro Marketing Group Inc. reported Monday a burglary occurred in the 700 block of Hedrick Street.
• A woman reported Monday someone took her wallet from her vehicle in the 1100 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported Monday someone threw rocks through a window in the back of Wicked Scissors in an unused portion of the building sometime between Thursday and Monday in the 1400 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported Monday someone stole his license plate from the 200 block of Alan Circle.
• A man reported Tuesday a robbery in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• A woman reported Tuesday items were taken from her vehicle in the 1400 block of West Innes Street.
• Tylisha Monique Mattison, 25, was charged Friday with misdemeanor cyberstalking in the 200 block of Knollwood Avenue.
• Keith Baron Ross, 50, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female over 18 in the 1700 block of North Long Street.
• Latoya Sherell Bost, 26, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 300 block of South Shaver Street.
• Ashley Lynn Bynum, 27, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 300 block of Lake Drive.
• Billy Edward Boyd, 45, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 600 block of East Cemetery Street.
• Dewayne Anderson Houpe, 39, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 800 block of Maple Avenue.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Friday a simple physical assault occurred in the 6600 block of Flint Ridge Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Friday a handgun was stolen from his home in the 700 block of West Rice Street, Landis.
• A man reported Friday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Wiley Lane.
• Seven Eleven reported Saturday someone bought two items and paid using a fake $50 bill in the 2700 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Saturday someone stole his air compressor in the 500 block of Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 1000 block of Wild Turkey Way.
• A woman reported Saturday someone broke his car window in the 900 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• A man reported a larceny in the 1100 block of Fox Chase Court.
• A woman reported a simply physical assault occurred in the 1600 block of Webb Road.
• Chester Odell, 32, was charged Thursday with felony assault by strangulation in the 1300 block of Campbell Road, Woodleaf.
• Dustin Allan Smith, 26, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a law enforcement officer at the Detention Center.
• Estefania Alexandra Garrido-lecca, 23, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor cyberstalking at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Zachary Albert Schmitz, 27, was charged Thursday with being a fugitive from justice at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.