Argument leads to hit and run
A man hit another man with his gold-colored minivan Wednesday, and then drove home, according to police reports.
Kevin Eric Madray, 35, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Madray was arguing with George Daniel Lewis Hunt, 25, about money at Hunt’s home in the 100 block of Oakhurst Drive, when “Madray floored the vehicle and hit Hunt, then turned around and sped off,” said Capt. Shelia Lingle.
Hunt was lying in his driveway with shoulder injuries when police arrived.
Madray returned to his home in the 300 block of Imperial Drive. His vehicle had a broken side rearview mirror – damage consistent with Hunt’s report of the incident.
Madray was taken into custody and charged, then released on a written promise to appear in court.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported a larceny in the 200 block of W. D Avenue on Sept. 4.
• An attempted forcible entry was reported at the Tractor Supply Company in the 400 block of S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A teen reported items stolen from his car at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road on Tuesday.
• A woman reported that her radio was stolen from her vehicle in the 600 block of Willow Road on Wednesday afternoon.
• A man was assaulted Wednesday in the 100 block of Oakhurst Drive.
• Krislyn Lashonda Chunn, 27, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of Foster Lane on Monday.
•Brandon Alexander Akers, 20, was charged with embezzlement Monday.
• Juan Jose Breton, 19, was charged with possession with the intent to manufacture marijuana in the 500 block of S. Jake Alexander Blvd. on Tuesday.
•Marquise Sential Robinson, 21, was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver marijuana in the 400 Block of Grace Church Road.
• Joshua Mark McClary, 35, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 1000 block of Sidney Drive.
• Akira Chancey Linney, 16, was charged with simple assault in the 300 block of Harrel Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported a larceny in the 1000 block of Mainsail Road in Salisbury.
• Michael Leonard Moore, 29, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 500 block of 8th Street in Spencer on Tuesday.
• Haley Nicole Stanton, 21, was charged with possession of cocaine in the 10800 block of Old Concord Road in China Grove on Tuesday.
• Anthony Worth Wyrick, 56, was charged with maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance in the 200 block of N. Main Street, Salisbury on Tuesday.
• David Alan Huffman was charged with the unauthorized use of a motor vehicle Tuesday.
• Jeffery Michael Long, 53, was charged with possession of marijuana in the 1100 block of Sells Road.
• Thomas Oneil Heggins, 27, was charged with felony breaking and entering in the 1100 Heatherdale Road on Tuesday.
• Shawna Groves, 23, was arrested for possession of schedule III drugs.