Officials say faulty AC unit cause of Monday fire
Fire officials say a malfunctioning air conditioning unit cord is what caused a Monday morning fire at a home with a number of pets inside.
Firefighters responded to the house fire at Squirrel Run in time to rescue five dogs and a rabbit. The fire was contained to a front room.
A neighbor made the 911 call at 9:30 a.m. and firefighters from Liberty, Union, Pooletown and Rockwell Rural were quickly dispatched.
Liberty Fire Chief Darrin Trexler told a Post reporter at the scene that neighbors spotted the fire and began spraying it with a hose.
Firefighters got the dogs out and a rabbit, Trexler said, adding there were several other dogs in kennels in the back yard. No animals were injured as a result of the fire.
Bobby Burleyson with the Rowan County Fire Marshal’s Office investigated the fire.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Kathy Gregg’s love of dolls did not begin as a child, although she did play with dolls. Her love began... read more