Police: Two men robbed, assaulted on Institute Street
Salisbury Police are looking into a group of thieves who robbed two men walking about two blocks from Sonic Drive-in, taking with them cell phones, wallets, shoes and backpacks.
The victims said they were walking with two women in the 300 block of Institute Street when about four to five males came up behind them. The two men said they received scratches from being pushed to the ground, a report said.
The two women walking with them were not harmed or robbed. The incident occurred Monday around 9 p.m.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Monday someone was making harassing phone calls and a vandalism occurred in the 300 block of West D Avenue.
• A man reported Monday a vandalism in the 900 block of North Jackson Street.
• Habitat for Humanity Restore reported Tuesday fuel was stolen from parked vehicles in the 1700 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday a physical assault in the 700 block of Crown Point Drive.
• Rowan County Facilities Maintenance reported a riding lawn mower was stolen in the 1800 block of East Innes Street.
• James Joshua Rogers, 35, was charged Saturday with felony larceny in the 300 block of Imperial Drive.
• Donna T. Crapps, 51, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor forgery of notes, checks, warrants in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Demetrious Tyrone Lane, 24, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct and officer in the 100 block of Earnhardt Avenue.
• Anequiria Michelle Gaillard, 38, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Aaron Darius Holtzclaw, 30, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 100 block of West Innes Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Monday someone broke into her cars in the 6500 block Enochville Circle, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Monday someone broke into her vehicle in the 8800 block of Freeze Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Monday someone broke into her vehicle in the 2400 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported Monday a fraud incident, in the 200 block of North Main Street, Rowan County Courthouse.
• A man reported Monday someone broke into his vehicles in the 9100 block of Wright Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Monday thieves broke into his home in the 3400 block of Sherrill’s Ford Road.
• A man reported Monday someone tampered with his vehicle in the 7900 block of Freeze Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Monday a larceny of a firearm in the 1100 block of Ebenezer Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Monday a larceny from her home in the 100 block of Cedar Drive.
• A man reported Monday an assault with dangerous weapon in the 900 block of Ney Street, Kannapolis.
• Katerious Arnez Oakes, 25, was charged Monday with felony breaking and entering at the Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.