Authorities serve warrant for man who has been jailed in each of last three months
Rowan County authorities served an arrest warrant for a man who has been charged and been jailed in each of the last three months.
Shawn Dale Jones, 37, was charged Monday with possession of drug paraphernalia and felony selling and distributing counterfeit drugs.
Rowan officials said Jones was jailed July 19 on charges of sell and deliver a counterfeit controlled substance. He was arrested on North Clay Street by the Salisbury Police.
On June 19, Jones was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Members of the Police Interdiction Team found Jones in possession of a crack pipe while responding to a call about possible drug activity at Tar Branch Park.
He has since been released from the county jail.
Jones has been convicted of exploiting an elder or disabled person, larceny, possession of drug paraphernalia, communicating threats, resisting arrest, driving while license revoked, carrying a concealed weapon, assault with a deadly weapon and trespassing.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Trading Ford Baptist Church reported Monday a vandalism at the 3600 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole her dog on July 31 in the parking lot of Sandy’s One Stop in the 3000 block of East NC 152, China Grove.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Garden Lane.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary in the 3100 block of Brown Road, Mount Ulla.
• Lisa Marie Messer, 17, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 200 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
• Destinee Amber Garcia, 17, was charged Monday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1100 block of Safe Haven Lane, Rockwell.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday someone broke into her car and stole her laptop in the 100 block of East Monroe Street.
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary occurred 12:46 p.m. in the 300 block of Dunham Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday credit card fraud occurred between March 3 and May 10 in the 200 block of Sudley Circle.
• A man reported Tuesday a break-in occurred around 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. in the 300 block of Avenue.
• A woman reported Tuesday a larceny from her vehicle in the 900 block of West Henderson Street and Annandale Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Radio Shack reported Tuesday a larceny occurred between July 14 an July 16 in the 1300 block of East Innes Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Just like last year, my mind is not quite ready to let the ride go. I had the most fitful... read more