Police: More businesses report vandals broke windows with rocks
Salisbury police said two more businesses reported vandals used rocks to break windows in and around the 1000 block of West Innes Street just a few days after surveillance video captured four males near businesses at Old West Innes Street.
Sam’s Car Wash reported on Tuesday the business had broken windows, but police believe it occurred over the weekend. The business is located at 1022 W. Innes St., not far from a group of businesses that discovered broken windows Saturday and Sunday.
Carolane Propane reported minor damage to the building after vandals threw rocks at a window at the business, located at 1010 W. Innes St.
Four other buildings were vandalized over the weekend and Monday night, police have said.
Specialized Computer Support Services, KMD Holdings, the former Paint and Floor Center and Ashlee’s Embroidery, all of which are located on Old West Innes Street and were damaged.
In other police reports:
• A man reported Tuesday the tires to his vehicle were cut in the 600 block of West Horah Street.
• Fleming Heights Apartments reported Tuesday someone threw a rock through a front window and broke it in the 400 block of Lash Drive.
• Gerry Wood Honda reported Tuesday a fraud report that occurred between July 15 and Tuesday in the 400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported a breaking and entering and larceny occurred Tuesday in the 800 block of South Jackson Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone entered her tool box on the bed of her pickup while it was parked at the Salisbury Post, 131 W. Innes St.
• A woman reported Tuesday a fraud occurred between March 2005 and July 24 at Wiley School Apartments in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday someone took his cell phone from inside the 300 block of North Main Street.
• A man reported Tuesday his credit card was stolen and had been used without his permission in the 1400 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported Tuesday a window was broken on a Volkswagen parked in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 900 block of Poplar Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone stole a mountain bicycle from her back patio in the 900 block of Poplar Street.
• Jennifer Marie Mowery, 26, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering a building in the 100 block of Crawford Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Monday a larceny occurred sometime between July 23 to Sunday in the 200 block of Allen Lane.
• A man reported Monday someone stole his four wheeler from the 2200 block of Woodcrest Drive, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Monday a larceny occurred between July 25 and Sunday in the 900 block of Garrick Road.
• A man reported Tuesday someone stole a chainsaw off his work truck in the 100 block of Honeysuckle Lane.
• A man reported Tuesday someone shot into his residence while he was home in the 300 block of South Enochville Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday someone stole scrap metal from the 400 block of Memory Lane.
• A man reported Tuesday a rental home under renovation was broken into, vandalized and equipment stolen in the 5600 block of Goodman Lake Road.
• A man reported Tuesday tires to a truck had been cut in the 100 block of Ashcraft Drive, Mooresville.
• Cheryl Lynn Derringer, 22, was charged Monday with felony obtaining controlled substances by fraud/forgery in the 1400 block of Klumac Road.
• Teresa Jones Coleman, 49, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor fraudulent disposal of personal property.
• Thomas Blake Meador, 23, was charged with simple possession of a schedule III, Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
GRANITE QUARRY — Union and Rebel soldiers clashed Wednesday in the woods around the Old Stone House. The South won... read more