Authorities arrest, charge contractor who stole gift card, ran over woman’s foot
Authorities charged a man with assault after they say he stole a woman’s Lowe’s gift card and ran over her foot in the process.
Rowan County Sheriff’s Office deputies were looking for Danny Nunn Jr., 45, an employee with a company called Odd Jobs, on July 22. He was arrested three days later and jailed.
The victim, Patricia Hellard, hired Nunn to do some construction work at her home. She told Nunn her gift card still had money on it. He told her he could find out how much and then left, a report said.
That’s when Nunn took off, authorities said, and ran over Hellard’s foot in his haste to get away. She was not seriously injured. Nunn has since been released from the county jail under a $5,000 secured bond. He is expected in court in August.
The card had $150 on it.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Friday a larceny of scrap metal in the 500 block of Correll Loop Road.
• Timber Ridge Treatment Center reported Friday an assault and vandalism occurred in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• A man reported Friday a larceny occurred in the 600 block of Liberty Road.
• A man reported Friday a larceny occurred in the 7600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man reported Friday a larceny in the 6800 block of Unity Church Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Saturday someone broke into a vehicle in the 100 block of Corriher Heights Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported Saturday a theft from his vehicle in the 100 block of Pine Court, China Grove.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary at his residence in the 1000 block of Joel Street, China Grove.
• A woman reported Saturday someone stole her dog in the 100 block of Virginia Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported Saturday a physical assault in the 100 block of Stevens Drive.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary in the 200 block of Hickory Hollow Road.
• A man reported Sunday someone took items out of his vehicle in the 200 block of Brook Street.
• A woman reported Sunday a burglary in the 1000 block of Lawndale Drive.
• Cathy Dane Granberry, 29, and Phillip Wayne Short, 23, were charged Friday with misdemeanor simple possession of schedule II control substances at Miller Road, China Grove.
• Alex Anthony Chiccarello, 23, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 8400 block of Dogwood Drive, Kannapolis.
• Jeremy Wayne Miller, 25, was charged Friday with misdemeanor larceny in the 7600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Kurt Andrew Zimmerman, 32, was charged Saturday with felony larceny in the 200 block of South Fisherman Lane.
• Victor Hugo Mercado, 19, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 6500 block of Long Branch Road.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Monday a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 700 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Party Rentals Plus reported Monday a larceny from an employee in the 1800 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported Monday a vandalism occurred in the 700 block of West Henderson Street.
• Salisbury High School reported a burglary in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• Vivian Sabb, 49, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.