Salisbury man charged with taking metal from golf cart company
A Salisbury man is accused of selling metal items he stole from a golf cart supply company.
Michael David Akers, 43, of the 200 block of Tumbleweed Drive, is charged with breaking and entering a building, larceny and obtaining property by false pretenses, all felonies, according to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report.
A representative from Custom Golf Carts Supply, 6365 S. Main St., told investigators someone stole metal racks, conveyor rollers and aluminum shelving from the business. The business was in the process of moving locations when the owner discovered the metal was taken.
Akers was developed as a suspect based on the information the business provided law enforcement and an investigation. A report said Akers sold the items to Foil’s Recycling Inc. on Klumac Road.
He has since been released from the Rowan County jail under a $5,000 secured bond.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Love’s Travel Stop, 1105 Peeler Road, reported Thursday someone bought $700 worth of tires with a credit card that belonged to a California business.
• A woman reported Thursday a burglary in the 2300 block of Airport Road.
• A man reported Thursday someone stole a well pump and the water pipes to the well and tank in the 3000 block of High Rock Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Thursday a larceny in the 1700 block of South Main Street.
• Nazareth Children’s Home reported Thursday someone broke a window and took a cell phone sometime between July 22 and Wednesday in the 1100 block of Children’s Circle, Rockwell.
• Justin Michael Goodman, 20, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 10500 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• Brittany Connell Scott, 30, was charged with felony possession of dangerous weapon in prison at the county detention center.
• Joshua Cole Weaver, 22, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor forgery-possessing/concealing, Rowan County Courthouse.
• Edward Douglas Tucker, 49, was charged Thursday misdemeanor stalking, Rowan County Courthouse.
• Scott Paul Curl, 46, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, 2400 block of Woodsdale Street, Kannapolis.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Friday a vandalism in the 200 block of South Clay Street.
• A man reported Friday a vandalism in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• Bradshaw Realty Inc. reported Friday a burglary in the 500 block of North Long Street.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny at Walmart, 323 South Arlington Street.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism in the 1600 block of West Horah Street.
• A woman reported Saturday a physical assault in the 600 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported Saturday someone busted the window on her vehicle that was parked in her driveway in the 400 block of Lake Drive.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism in the 300 block of Oakview Drive.
• Belk Department store reported Saturday a fraudulent offense, 1455 Klumac Road.
• Italy Cafe reported Saturday an attempted armed robbery, 944 West Innes Street.
• A woman reported a physical assault in the 700 block of Victory Street.
• KMD Holdings reported Sunday someone broke a back window to the business, 1001 Old West Innes Street.
• The Rowan County Department of Social Services reported Sunday someone broke several windows in the business, 1017 Old West Innes Street.
• A man reported Sunday a tenant moved out of a rental house and took a washer, dryer and push mower that belonged to him in the 1300 block of Meadowbrook Circle.
• A woman reported Sunday a burglary occurred in the 1200 block of Beachnut Lane.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.