South Link Avenue man awakens to prowler in his window
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Police say a South Link Avenue man awoke to find a man crawling into his bedroom window late Thursday night. Officials said the victim recognized the man and confronted him. Salisbury Police charged Jimmy Lee Harris, 32, of the 1000 block of West Horah Street, with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building and misdemeanor vandalism.
The victim said he heard a noise around 11 p.m., pulled the curtain back and saw Harris, whom he recognized. Harris then backed out of the window and ran down the street.
Harris remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• Piedmont Natural Gas reported Monday theft of construction materials from a job site near Old Wilkesboro Road and Industrial Avenue.
• A woman reported Monday a physical assault occurred in the 200 block of Woodson Street.
• A woman reported Monday a larceny occurred in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
• Authorities found marijuana at a home Tuesday in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• Shaheem Marouis Mason, 22, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny, misdemeanor assault on female and misdemeanor injury to personal property in the 100 block of South Clay and East Fisher streets.
• Amber Nacole Austin, 24, was charged Monday with felony preventing the activation of an antishoplifting device in the 700 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Friday someone stole money from a produce stand cash box in the 2400 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Saturday an assault in the 700 block of Tanner Road.
• A man reported Saturday a breaking and entering occurred in the 3900 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported Saturday vandalism occurred in the 1300 block of Gracebrook Drive.
• A man reported Sunday someone took two lawn mowers from his shop in the 3500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Sunday someone took his lawn mower from a building in the 3400 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 100 block of Susan Lane.
• A man reported Sunday a vandalism occurred in the 400 block of Charloais Drive.
• Justin Wade Ames, 28, was charged Friday with felony possession with the intent to manufacture, sell, or deliver a controlled substance schedule II in the 600 Lippard Road.
• Gary Wayne Barnhardt, 36, was charged Friday with misdemeanor non-support of a child in the 100 block of Arlene Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Luke Spencer Crowell, 21, was charged Friday with misdemeanor drug paraphernalia and Tesla Reann Rusell, 20 was cited for misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana, both in the 100 block of Acorn Oaks Drive.
• Travis Dane Irick, 24, was charged Saturday with felony sell, deliver a controlled substance schedule I in the 100 block of Efird Road, Gold Hill.
• Robert Gene McNeely, 51, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 1000 block of Oakmont Court.
• Randy Samuel Barbee, 38, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 3900 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Laronza Deyuan Hart, 32, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1100 block of Tammy’s Park Road.
• Christopher Dale Upright, 28, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 10 block of Highland Park Drive.
• Justin Wayne Coe, 17, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1000 block of Percy Lane, Rockwell.
• Timmon Kamar Dudley, 16, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 800 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.