Post 115 gets win
Kannapolis beat Concord 7-3 for its first American Legion divisional victory Saturday night.
Ryan Austin had three hits and C.J. White, Jackson Raper and Tanner Bost each added two for Post 115.
Trace Hagler was the winning pitcher.
Concord fell to 0-3 in the division.
• Mocksville swept a Saturday doubleheader from Wilkes. Nick Collins and Michael Ball were the winning pitchers.
• Ian Perkins threw just 72 pitches in eight outstanding innings and led the Mooresville Moors to an 8-1 win against the Mooresville Legends on Friday. Holden Pender had two doubles.
• West Junior Legion lost to Montgomery County 4-2. Lee Poteat and Wyatt Martin had two hits each. Hunter Bernhardt and Jonathan Luther had RBIs.
West hosts Carson at 4 p.m. in a Sunday doubleheader.
• Rowan Junior Legion took a wild 18-11 decision from Stanly County on Saturday.
Livingstone has added another home football game.
The Blue Bears will take on University of Virginia-Lynchburg at Alumni Memorial Stadium at Sept. 20 at 1 p.m.
Carson’s Meg Bolick made five saves and played all 70 minutes in recording a shutout in goal in the State Games on Saturday.
East Rowan’s Nick Lyerly lost in the semifinals of the N.C. Junior Boys Open at Roaring Gap.
Lyerly lost to Wake Forest’s Alex Smalley 4 and 3. Smalley beat Huntersville’s Patrick Cover 2 and 1 to win the championship.
• In the eGolf Tour’s Mimosa Hills Open in Morganton, Frank Adams III shot shot 71-64-73-70 — 278. He finished 2-under and won $1,150.
Johnny Kyger has shot 69-67-72-72 — 280 and finished even par. He won $1112.50.
James Dykstra pitched seven strong innings, and Carl Thomore had a two-run double as the Kannapolis Intimidators won 6-1 in Charleston on Friday for their first win of the second half of the SAL season.
• Thomore drove in three runs as Kannapolis rallied to beat Charleston 6-5 on Saturday.
Kannapolis scored four in the seventh to come back.
• Paul Kronenfeld (Catawba) is playing for the Arizona League Reds and went 0-for-4 in his debut on Friday.
• Corey Seager (NWC, Kannapolis Legion) remained in advanced A at Rancho Cucamonga, although a promotion to Double-A can’t be far away. Seager is batting .348 with 12 homers and 50 RBIs.
Seager batted .400 for the month of May.
• Whit Merrifield (Davie, S. Carolina) has been hot since being promoted to Triple-A by the Royals. Merrifield is batting .351 (13-for-37) for Omaha.
• Jordan Jankowski (Catawba) has been used as both a starter and reliever at Corpus Christi, Houston’s Double-A team. He’s 1-2 but has struck out 51 in 50 innings.
• Justin Seager (NWC, Kannapolis Legion, Charlotte) is batting .268 with a homer and 14 RBIs for Clinton in the Midwest League.
• Daniel Wagner (South Rowan, Belmont) is batting .197 at Birmingham with a homer and 14 RBIs.
• Nick Lomascolo (Catawba) is pitching for the State College Spikes, while Chris Dula (Catawba) is pitching for the Spokane Indians. Both are in short-season A ball.
Joe Watson (Davie, Catawba) will be pitching for the Arizona League Rangers.