Legion games today
Rowan County plays at Southern Rowan tonight at 7 p.m. in a divisional game.
• Ian Perkins threw just 72 pitches in eight outstanding innings and led the Mooresville Moors to an 8-1 win against the Mooresville Legends on Friday. Holden Pender had two doubles.
• Stanly won 13-12 against Concord in a divisional game on Friday. Randolph County beat Eastern Randolph 3-2.
• Carson Junior Legion hosts South Rowan in a doubleheder starting at 4 p.m.
• West Junior Legion lost to Montgomery County 4-2. Lee Poteat and Wyatt Martin had two hits each. Hunter Bernhardt and Jonathan Luther had RBIs.
West hosts Carson at 4 p.m. in a Sunday doubleheader.
East Rowan’s Nick Lyerly lost in the semifinals of the N.C. Junior Boys Open at Roaring Gap.
Lyerly lost to Wake Forest’s Alex Smalley 4 and 3. Smalley beat Huntersville’s Patrick Cover 2 and 1 to win the championship.
• In the eGolf Tour’s Mimosa Hills Open in Morganton, Frank Adams III has shot 71-64-73 — 208, and Johnny Kyger has shot 69-67-72 — 208. They’re at 2-under after three rounds and tied for 34th.
The cutline after two rounds fell at 2-under. Will Collins just missed at 1-under.
James Dykstra pitched seven strong innings, and Carl Thomore had a two-run double as the Kannapolis Intimidators won 6-1 in Charleston on Friday for their first win of the second half of the SAL season.
• Paul Kronenfeld (Catawba) is playing for the Arizona League Reds and went 0-for-4 in his debut on Friday.
• Corey Seager (NWC, Kannapolis Legion) remained in advanced A at Rancho Cucamonga, although a promotion to Double-A can’t be far away. Seager is batting .348 with 12 homers and 50 RBIs.
Seager batted .400 for the month of May and is battering left-handers as well as right-handers.
• Whit Merrifield (Davie, S. Carolina) has been hot since being promoted to Triple-A by the Royals. Merrifield is batting .351 (13-for-37) for Omaha.
• Jordan Jankowski (Catawba) has been used as both a starter and reliever at Corpus Christi, Houston’s Double-A team. He’s 1-2 but has struck out 51 in 50 innings.
• Justin Seager (NWC, Kannapolis Legion, Charlotte) is batting .268 with a homer and 14 RBIs for Clinton in the Class A Midwest League.
• Daniel Wagner (South Rowan, Belmont) is batting .197 at Double-A Birmingham with a homer and 14 RBIs.
• Nick Lomascolo (Catawba) is pitching for the State College Spikes, while Chris Dula (Catawba) is pitching for the Spokane Indians. Both are in short-season A ball. Joe Watson (Davie, Catawba) will be pitching for the Arizona League Rangers.