• 46°

Rowan weather: Steamy

SALISBURY — A warm, muggy start to the day is an indication of what to expect at least through next Tuesday. We’re going to be hot, humid and uncomfortable with a chance of showers and thunderstorms every day, mainly in the afternoon and evening hours.
Any storm could become severe, with frequent cloud-to-ground lightning, torrential downpours and gusty winds.
Today’s air quality is less dangerous, in the yellow zone, meaning it may affect unusually sensitive people. The UV index is again very high. Take precautions to protect against sun damage.
Our 30 percent chance of rain today will be mostly after 3 p.m. Heat will build up under mostly sunny skies to a high near 92. The chance of showers diminishes after about 8 p.m. Winds will become calm after midnight, with a low around 69.
Friday, the chance of afternoon showers and storms is 40 percent, under mostly sunny skies with a high near 89. Rain chances linger into the night past 2 a.m., under mostly cloudy skies and a low of 68.
Saturday’s 40 percent chance of rain could start as early as 10 a.m., with mostly cloudy conditions and a high again near 89. The nighttime low, still with the chance of rain, will be around 67.
A 30 percent chance of showers and storms is predicted for Sunday, mainly after 1 p.m. It will be partly sunny and near 90. The low, with a continuing chance of rain, will be around 68.
And it’s just more of the same to start your next work week. Monday, partly sunny, near 88, 40 percent chance of precipitation. Monday night, around 68, 30 percent chance of rain. Ditto for Tuesday, but a degree warmer, near 89; 40 percent chance of showers and storms; nighttime low around 69, 30 percent chance of rain. A high near 87 Wednesday under partly sunny skies includes a 30 percent chance of precipitation.

Comments

Comments closed.

Local

Catawba holds baccalaureate services for Class of 2021

News

$9M settlement for two men wrongfully sent to death row

Nation/World

China lands spacecraft on Mars in latest advance for its space program

Business

Gas crunch hits Washington; Colonial Pipeline paid nearly $5 million in Bitcoin ransome

Coronavirus

State mostly returns to normal operations after 15 months of lockdowns, restrictions

Crime

Blotter: Man accused of stealing car, crashing it

Crime

Man faces new charge of attempted murder for father’s shooting

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper lifts indoor mask mandate for most situations, gathering limits

Crime

Barnes gets new punishment of two life sentences in Tutterow couple’s 1992 murder

High School

High school football: State’s top honor goes to Jalon Walker

Local

Scout’s Honor: With dedication of flag retirement box, Salem Fleming earns Eagle Scout rank

College

North Carolina king, queen of NCAA lacrosse tourneys

Education

Kannapolis seniors walk elementary schools

Local

Local real estate company employees come out in force to build Habitat house

Local

Quotes of the week

Coronavirus

Auditors find oversight lacking for $3 billion of state’s pandemic aid

Nation/World

When will gas situation return to normal?

Local

Rowan native Shuping posthumously receives Concord Police Department’s Medal of Valor, Purple Heart

News

GOP measure on penalties for rioting draws fire

News

Black high school softball player told to cut hair

Coronavirus

State shows 303 COVID-19 deaths in Rowan

Coronavirus

CDC: Fully vaccinated people can largely ditch masks indoors

Crime

One arrested, another hospitalized in Castor Road stabbing

China Grove

China Grove Roller Mill open for tours Saturday