Woman recently convicted of fraud now facing drug charge
Officials charged a Rowan County woman with felony drug possession just one month after she was convicted in a Cabarrus County court of fraud. Tonya Denise Clark is currently on probation for two years, records show.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Clark, 28, Wednesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled scheduled II substance in the 600 block of Bradshaw Road, Mount Ulla.
Clark was convicted in May of felony obtaining property by false pretenses, misdemeanor financial card fraud and misdemeanor larceny. She was convicted of felony common law robbery, misdemeanor larceny and shoplifting, drug possession, credit card theft, damage to property and assault on a law enforcement officer. She has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Zachary Todd Smith, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Waccamaw Drive.
• Charles Mann, 23, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Johnny Ray Campbell, 50, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering in the 100 block of Boxwood Court, Kannapolis.
• David Michael Reese, 43, was charged Wednesday with felony sell/deliver a controlled schedule I substance at Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Thursday a vehicle was vandalized in the 700 block of Williams Street.
• A man reported Thursday someone tried to scam him via phone sometime between June 1 to Thursday in the 80 block of North Main Street.
• A woman reported Thursday a burglary occurred and someone took a TV and camera from the 1200 block of Grady Street.
• A larceny occurred Thursday in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Mario Andre Partee, 25, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 1300 block of West Horah Street.
• Roy Allen Kelly, 51, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Rodriqus Stelle Clinkscales, 27, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
KANNAPOLIS — As she sat in the living room of the family home on Copel Street on a recent Sunday... read more