Pills discovered after traffic stop made for driver not wearing seatbelt
Rowan authorities stopped a Salisbury woman who wasn’t wearing her seatbelt and discovered she didn’t have a prescription for pills that were in her purse, officials said.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office issued a citation to Crystal Dawn Brady, 32, of the 100 block of Valley Drive, for misdemeanor possession of schedule II substance.
The stop occurred Tuesday in the 11000 block of Statesville Boulevard, Cleveland. The deputy saw the remnants of five marijuana cigarettes near the door handle of the car. Brady told the deputy she did not smoke marijuana, but her boyfriend did. The deputy asked about any other drugs in the car and Brady gave him a bag with six pills that she claimed were antibiotics. She had a pill bottle in her purse without a label that contained four pills that were identified as oxycodone. The officer noted the pills in the bag were in fact antibiotics.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Peak Contractors reported Tuesday a larceny in the 1700 block of Campbell Road.
• A man reported Tuesday someone broke into his vehicle and stole various items in the 9600 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• Ricky Carl Fleming, 55, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor financial transaction card fraud in the 1200 block of Relative Road, Cleveland.
• James Robert Williams, 40, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 3300 block of N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• Danny Lee Gobble, 25, was charged Tuesday with felony larceny at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone stole her cell phone at Southeast Middle School in the 1500 block of Peeler Road.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday a break-in occurred sometime between May 21 and Tuesday in the 200 block of Chestnut Street.
• Elite Talent Inc., a company that provides cell phones through government assistance, reported Wednesday a robbery of a tablet in the 200 block of North Shaver and East Liberty streets.
• A woman reported Wednesday a credit card fraud in the 200 block of South Caldwell Street.
• Gamestop reported Wednesday a fraudulent incident in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported Wednesday a burglary in the 1100 block of West Fisher Street.
• A woman reported Thursday a larceny in the 500 block of East Lafayette Street.
• Garrett Wayne Davis, 24, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Movell Olassis Daniels, 20, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female by male over 18 years of age in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Over 42 years, Ronnie Miller has built many a brick wall. For the past 17 years, the masonry instructor has... read more