After traffic stop, man charged with having high-quality marijuana
Authorities seized just more than half a pound of high-quality marijuana and cash from a Rowan County man following a traffic stop at Interstate 85 and East Innes Street.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Cody Lane Morris, 24, with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, maintaining a vehicle to keep/sell controlled substances, possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also issued a citation for not burning his headlights. Morris was stopped because a deputy noticed his headlights were off and smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Morris admitted to having marijuana in the vehicle, a report said. The deputy confiscated 251 grams or about .55 pounds of the marijuana and $1,561 in cash. The marijuana was in individual bags, each weighing an ounce.
A month ago, authorities charged Morris with breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s house, but he was interrupted before taking anything. The woman heard someone messing with the door and saw him through a mirror in the living room, according to reports, and he bolted from the house when he saw her.
He has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Monday a burglary that occurred sometime between May 30 and Sunday in the 100 block of Richfield Road, Richfield.
• A woman reported Monday a pressure washer and hose were stolen from the 1800 block of Mount Hope Church Road.
• A man reported Monday that credit card fraud was committed against him in the 200 block of Barber Lyerly Road.
• A man reported Monday a larceny occurred in the 3900 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary occurred at her home in the 200 block of Providence Street and her television was broken.
• A man reported Monday a larceny occurred sometime between May 23 and Monday in the 7500 block of U.S. 52.
• A man reported Monday someone broke into a building sometime between Feb. 1 and Monday in the 300 block of Archer Road.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• The city of Salisbury reported Tuesday a burglary in the 1900 block of Old Wilkesboro Road.
• A man reported Tuesday a breaking and entering occurred in the 300 block of West C Avenue.
• A woman reported Tuesday a breaking and entering occurred in the 400 block of Grace Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday an assault occurred in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday someone stole a bicycle from the 800 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A man reported Tuesday someone stole money from him while at Walmart.
• A woman reported Tuesday a larceny occurred sometime May 31 at the JC Price American Legion Post.
• A man reported Tuesday a robbery occurred in the 800 block of South Main Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — The Maxwell Chambers Trust has filed a petition in Rowan County Superior Court that looks to change terms... read more