Teens charged with breaking into home, stealing drinks
Three teens are accused of stealing beer and soda, among other things, from a Salisbury home they broke into Wednesday.
According to incident and arrest reports, Dana Clendenin, 17, Casey Scott, 19, and Devin Cornwell, 17, of Salisbury were charged with felony breaking and entering and felony larceny.
The teens were charged with stealing beer, soda, a cooler, about $100 in cash and a television — a total value of roughly $400 — from a home in the 700-block of Bee Tree Road in Salisbury.
According to Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford, a neighbor called homeowner Brantly Lyerly to tell him they “thought there were some people in his house that didn’t belong.”
Lyerly left work to investigate and on his way home, he spotted a male and two females walking with a red cooler with a white lid, but “didn’t think much about it,” Sifford said.
When Lyerly returned home, “he discovered his front door had been kicked in,” Sifford said.
A neighbor reported seeing the two females putting the cooler into a silver SUV with chrome rims and leave the area.
All three were arrested and are being held in the Rowan County Detention Center. Clendenin and Scott are being held on a $5,000 bond each, while Cornwell is being held on a $10,000 bond.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Ronald Stubbs reported Wednesday a woman assaulted him with a knife Tuesday in the 300 block of Liberty Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported Wednesday unknown subjects removed motorcycle from the front porch of the residence in the 3300 block of Earnhardt Road, Rockwell.
• George Stirewalt reported Wednesday batteries had been taken from logging equipment in the 2000 block of Phaniel Church Road, Rockwell.
• Jordan Medlin, 19, was charged Wednesday with dissemination to minors under the age of 16 in the 200 block of Nuggett Lane.
• Xavier Simpson, 16, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering building in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Dustin Ray Johnson, 21, was charged Wednesday with assault of a minor in the 200 block of Wakefield Drive.
• Catherine Godbey, 23, was charged with resisting/ delaying/ obstructing an public officer Wednesday in the 100 block of Elizabeth Avenue.
• Aaron Thomas Mantlo, 38, was charged Wednesday with assault on a female in the 400 block of Airport Road.
In police reports:
• A man reported Tuesday someone struck his passenger door with their driver door in the 100 block of Woodson Street.
• Pepsi Cola Bottling Co. reported Tuesday larceny of a coin-operated device in the 100 block of Donner Drive.
• Oscar Bost reported Tuesday a vandalism to his rental property in the 100 block of Pearl Street.
• A women reported vandalism to vehicle, possibly by key, Tuesday in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• Jordan Carter reported Tuesday mail had been stolen in the 500 block of Elm Street.
• A man reported vandalism on Wednesday in the 30 block of Kesler Street.
• A women reported Wednesday a larceny had occurred in the 800 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Barry Medinger reported Wednesday a larceny had occurred on the 400 block of South Main Street.
• Clifford Bryon Rabon reported a hit and run in the 2000 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• A woman reported Wednesday someone removed the tag from her vehicle in the 600 block of North Shaver Street.
• Someone reported Wednesday drug activity in the 900 block of Bendix Drive.
• Someone reported Wednesday shots fired in the 900 block of North Long Street.
• Walmart reported Thursday someone stole items and returned them for cash at the business on South Arlington Street.
• Someone reported Thursday to possible drug activity, selling and buying, in the 200 block of E 11th Street/ Richard Street.
• Chester Polk reported Thursday assault and robbery by firearm in the 800 block of East Franklin Street.
• A man reported Thursday larceny from vehicle in the 1000 block of Terrace Drive.
• Angela Hiatt reported larceny Thursday in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
• A woman reported Thursday physical assault in the 600 block of Craige Street.
• Austin Whaley, 20, and Derrick Allen Alexander, 29, were charged Tuesday with breaking and entering building in the 900 block of Hawkinstown Road.
• Tiffany Laney, 27, was charged Tuesday with larceny by servants and other employees in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• Michael Allen, 44, was charged Tuesday with assault of a child in the 700 block of Holmes Street.
• Shaniya Wordsworth, 17, and Paula Goodman, 17, were charged Wednesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
• Michael Jones, 54, was charged Thursday with assault on a female in the 600 block of South Craige Street.