Teens charged with taking mo-ped, leading police on foot chase
Police were involved in a foot chase Monday after two teens stole a mo-ped from the Rowan Public Library, ditched it behind Walmart and ran off behind the store.
Salisbury Police arrested Jalon Jacques Adkins, 16, of the 1100 block of Crosby Street, Salisbury, and a 14-year-old juvenile. Adkins was charged with felony motor vehicle theft and misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer.
The victim told police she was inside the library for less than five minutes. When she came out her mo-ped was gone. Witnesses spotted two teens on the mo-ped, which led police to Walmart. A report said the teens ran near Harrel Street and were then spotted walking back up the street. The boys ran when police approached. They were caught a short distance away in some tall shrubs in the 100 block of Reamer Circle.
He has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Monday the driver’s side window was broken out of her vehicle and items were taken in the 300 block of Confederate Avenue.
• A collision involving a tree and a vehicle was reported Monday in the 900 block of Hurley School Road at Salisbury Community Park.
• A woman reported Monday an unlocked vehicle was entered and a briefcase and $2 in change was taken from the 800 block of Confederate Avenue.
• A woman reported Monday a larceny occurred in the 1400 block of North Main Street.
• Henderson Independent High School reported a disturbance occurred Monday at the school.
• Someone stole construction equipment sometime between Saturday and Monday from Shat-R-Shield in the 100 block of Ryan Patrick Drive.
• Circle K reported Monday an employee took lottery cards without paying in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary in the 1100 block of Richard Street.
• A woman reported Monday a larceny from a vehicle in the 200 block of Stonewall Road.
• A woman reported Monday a burglary occurred in the 1300 block of Brenner Avenue.
• A woman reported an attempted break-in Monday in the 100 block of Dove Meadow Drive.
• A man reported a burglary Monday in the 100 block of East 11th Street.
• Alan Thomas Vann, 22, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 300 block of Crown Point Drive.
• David Lynn Stewart, 27, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• Haili Nikkole Everhart, 23, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny in the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
• Jaquaris Givens, 17, was charged Monday with felony breaking and entering in the 700 block of North Caldwell Street.
• Justice Williams, 20, was charged Monday with simple possession of schedule VI at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Robert Thomas Currin, 23, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of Crown Point Drive.
In sheriff’s reports:
• Students brought narcotics to Southeast Middle School Friday in the 1500 block of Peeler Road.
• A man reported Friday someone stole his mail in the 300 block of Riverside Drive.
• A man reported his vehicle was stolen out of Concord Friday and located in a wooded area behind Foot of the Cross Church in the 400 block of Lockhart Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Friday an assault occurred in the 3400 block of Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Friday she returned home from work and someone pried the front door to her home in the 4300 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny in the 4000 block of Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism in the 5300 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Saturday a burglary in the 100 block of Knoll View Drive.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny in the 100 block of McBride Drive.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny in the 1000 block of Mainsail Road.
• Benjamin Michael Kimball, 20, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of control substance schedule VI in the 300 block of Geneva Drive, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Gardeners who spanned generations worked side-by-side at Oak Park Retirement Community last week planting seeds and making strong connections. Salisbury... read more