Police: Man stole power tools from employer, tried to sell them
Officials charged a Rowan County man with taking and attempting to sell power tools from a man he worked for, a report said.
Sherman Wilson Agee, 43, was charged Friday with felony breaking and entering and felony larceny. The victim’s son spotted Agee loading a table saw, leaf blower and weed trimmer into his car. A report said he told officers he was taking the equipment to complete a job for the victim, who’d previously hired him to do odd jobs. Agee was convicted of misdemeanor and felony breaking and entering, also felony assault. He remains in the Rowan County jail under a $1,000 secured bond.
In other Sheriff’s reports:
• A registered sex offender failed to return an address verification letter within three days as required.
• A woman reported a larceny Friday in the 1300 block of Richard Road.
• A man reported Saturday someone sold his rifle in the 300 block of Sand Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported Saturday someone stole four wheels from his shop in the 900 block of St. Matthews Church Road.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny of a moped in the 1500 block of North Main Street, China Grove.
• A chase was reported Sunday that led to a driving while impaired arrest in the 1000 block of Daugherty Road.
• Someone backed into a sheriff’s deputy car damaging it while the deputy was out taking a report in the 300 block of Leach Road.
• Someone took a camera from a home Sunday in the 3200 block of Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• Jonathan Bradley Gulledge, 31, was charged Friday with habitual felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Javier A. Matos, 17, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault, misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and Jason Flemming, 16, was charged with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 700 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• Jacqueline Lynn Cook, 44, and Michael Gary Halvorson, 45, were charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault after a family fight in the 400 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Casey Mae Scott, 19, was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, Lorenzo Devonte Gray, 21, was charged with misdemeanor open container, Dean Lamar James, 25, was charged with misdemeanor open container, Devin Alexander Cornwell, 17, was charged with misdemeanor provisional licensee driving after consuming. An underage driver was found to have alcohol in his system and other passengers were in possession of drug paraphernalia and open containers of alcohol in the 800 block of Crescent Road, Rockwell.
• A teen reported a larceny Monday at Salisbury High in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• P&G Security reported a larceny Tuesday in the 200 block of Carolina Boulevard.
• A man reported a breaking and entering Tuesday in the 900 block of Green Street.
• A woman reported a larceny from a vehicle in the 200 block of North Park Drive.
• A woman reported a burglary Tuesday in the 1100 block of Crosby Street.
• A man reported an attempted armed robbery at Walmart in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Last week, first responders participated in a multi-agency mock haz-mat drill that crossed municipalities and included several dozen volunteers. The... read more