Posters Friday April 25
Deadline for Posters is 5 p.m.
• T.O.P. monthly prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday April 26, speaker Rev. Alfred Elliott of Salisbury’s New Life Community Church. Men’s group of Tower of Power United Holy Church, 601 E. Cemetery St., Pastor William D. Turner, 704-223-2608.
• Law enforcement community bake and hotdog sale. Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., with K-9 demonstration. Grace Lutheran Church, 3020 Grace Church Road. Proceeds benefit bulletproof vest for K-9 Officer Zukko handled by Rockwell Police Chief Bost.
• Oak Grove UMC chicken BBQ, Saturday 11 a.m. until. 4820 NC 152 W., China Grove.
• The original Frankie’s Chicken, May 2-3 at Soldiers Memorial AME Zion, May 2-3. Tickets must be purchased by April 26. $10 for half chicken, baked beans, slaw, rolls. Call 704-855-9830 or 704-633-7843.
• JC Price HS Alumni Association Salisbury Chapter meeting Saturday at 3 p.m., Western Star Lodge, Old Concord Road, to plan June reunion/scholarship banquet. Plan to attend. Info: Carolyn Williams, president, 704-633-7162.
• Astronomical Society of Rowan, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. 1920 Deal Road, Mooresville. Monthly mtng. plus stargazing, weather permitting. Ralph and Alice Deal 704-855-1591 or 704-857-2788.?
• Spring Fling at JC Price American Legion Post 107, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Sunday. Music by deejay Majik Mike. Donation $5, must be 21 with valid ID, dress code enforced, security present, raffles, doorprizes.
• The Pride of Salisbury Elks Lodge 1774 sponsoring trip to Cherokee casino May 10; bus leaving from Salisbury Mall (West End Plaza) from former Belk parking lot at 6:30 a.m. Leaves Cherokee at 5 p.m. Call Willie Graham, 704-232-4441; $40, get $20 back.
Twenty minutes and 30 seconds was the amount of time Salisbury High School students Ronald Robinson and Jada Cuff needed... read more