Spencer board has several public hearings on Tuesday agenda
SPENCER — The Spencer town board will hold two public hearings Tuesday, as well as hold a public comment session.
A potential recycling business that is not specified in the town’s zoning ordinance has made inquiries about opening in Spencer. Aldermen will consider whether to amend the zoning ordinance, and members of the public can weigh in.
The amendment would define “recycling” and “resource recovery.” The uses would be added to the industrial zoning district.
Aldermen also want to hear from the public about amending the Historic Preservation Commission guidelines to require a certificate of appropriateness for curbside mailboxes.
Also on Tuesday’s agenda:
• Department, mayor’s and town manager’s reports
• RowanWorks Economic Development Commission’s budget request
• A proposed ordinance amendment regarding shooting guns in the town
• Street bid acceptance
• A facade grant application for the Spencer Doll and Toy Museum
• Contract acceptance for the facilities needs study
• Removing a member of the Zoning Board of Adjustment
• “Paint the Town Purple” proclamation
SPENCER — The Spencer’s Community Appearance Commission recently honored residents for working to make the town beautiful. The Albert Stout... read more