Police: 14-year-old charged with breaking into Fourth Street home
A 14-year-old was charged Friday morning after police caught him with a backpack filled with items they say he took from a Fourth Street home. The homeowner told Salisbury Police officers the incident occurred before 10:20 a.m. and the suspect broke a living room window to gain access into his home. Police began canvassing the neighborhood when they came across the teen two blocks away with two backpacks, a report said.
Officers spoke with the teen who was determined to have a laptop computer, PlayStation 3 video games and two music CDs inside the bags.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Friday a burglary in the 900 block of Fairmont Avenue.
• A woman reported Friday a breaking and entering had occurred in the 200 block of Ackert Avenue.
• A man reported Friday someone took $4,000 from his Direct Express account on or about March 3.
• Someone reported Friday a larceny occurred by an employee at Westridge Apartments in the 200 block of Admiral Drive.
• Kmart reported Friday a larceny was in progress at the store 815 E. Innes St.
• A man reported Saturday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of West Miller Street.
• A man reported Saturday a shooting that occurred in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• A woman reported Saturday someone stole a check from her mail in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• A woman reported Saturday someone stole a bicycle in the 1200 block of North Church Street.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 40 block of Hill Street.
• A man reported Sunday he was robbed at knifepoint in the 200 block of Bendix Drive.
• Police stopped a man Sunday during a traffic stop at South Arlington and East Innes streets and reported someone stole his license plate in February 2012.
• A woman reported Sunday an assault occurred in the 1400 block of Van Nuys Street.
• A woman reported Sunday an assault occurred in the 400 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Sunday an assault occurred in the 200 block of Woodson Street.
• A larceny was reported Sunday in the 600 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A sex offense was reported Sunday in the 1100 block of Terrace Drive that occurred between March 30, 2012 and March 30.
• A man reported Sunday someone broke into his home in the 900 block of South Jackson Street.
• A man reported Sunday someone physically assaulted him in the 1400 block of Ludwick Heights Lane.
• Jimmy Lee Harris, 32, of the 200 block of N. Long St., was charged Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 300 block of South Link Avenue
In other sheriff’s news:
• A man reported Thursday a vehicle larceny in the 200 block of Crawford Drive.
• A man reported Thursday his tools were taken from his backyard and building in the 9200 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Thursday a physical assault in the 300 block of Edgewood Drive, China Grove.
• A woman reported Thursday her handgun was missing from a gun case in the 1100 block of West Ridge Road.
• A man reported Thursday items were taken from his outside storage building in the 6300 block of Wright Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Thursday someone filed taxes using her identity sometime March 6 in the 1000 block of Lucas Lane, Cleveland.
• A man reported Thursday someone used a rock to break into his residence and stole money in the 300 block of Muddy Boots Lane, Cleveland.
• Maurice Patterson, 23, was charged Thursday with felony breaking into a building in the 400 Grace Church Road.
• Deputies stopped a vehicle Thursday for suspected drug possession. Leonard Raoy Dean Holland, 41, was stopped in 100 block of Deb Street, Woodleaf, and was charged with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay and officer and was cited for driving left of center.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.