Two men were charged with felony common law robbery after they took $60 from a teen who was attempting to check into a local motel. The 19-year-old said she was outside of Days Inn at Bendix Drive when two men approached her and demanded her money. She gave them $60 she had in her boot. One suspect told the teen he would “drop her” if she did not give up her money.
The two men ran toward Economy Inn and were shortly thereafter arrested by police responding to an incident at the second motel.
Police charged Enice Maurice Simpson, 34, of the 200 block of West Harrision St., and Brandon Dean Hardin, 22, of the 800 block of Park Avenue, both with felony common law robbery.
In other police news:
• An officer found an attempted burglary at a home in the 400 block of Milford Hills Road on March 14 after responding to an alarm call.
• A 48-year-old woman reported an assault on March 14 at the intersection of Faith and Morlan Park roads.
• Transource Inc., located in the 1400 block of West Jake Alexander Blvd., someone took used truck parts on March 14.
• Carolina Investment Group reported on March 14 that between Feb. 1 and March 13 someone took the heat pump and gutted a vacant apartment in the 1300 block of Old Concord Road for the copper causing an estimated $2,000 in damages.
• A 59-year-old woman reported identity theft on March 14 that she says occurred March 10.
• Police responded to HBD Industries, in the 110 block of Thermoid Way, Salisbury regarding a March 15 larceny at the business.
• Someone took coins from the change machine and vending machine located at Sunshine Car Wash, in the 1600 block of Stokes Ferry Road. A padlock was cut and one change machine was taken while the other was broken into. It’s believed to have occurred sometime Friday, but was discovered Saturday morning.
• Someone used the social security numbers of a Confederate Avenue couple to file federal and state income tax returns for 2013.
• A 27-year-old man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 200 block of South Corriher Avenue.
• Police went to the Executive Inn motel, 2118 South Main St., regarding a domestic disturbance. Officers asked a man who came to the door for permission to search the room. The man, later identified as Antonio Derrill Davis, 22, of Kannapolis, allowed police to search the room. Officers found 16 grams of marijuana and digital scales under the bathroom sink. Davis was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a schedule VI controlled substance. While there, officers served arrest warrants for Billie Jean Kennedy, 18, of Lexington, for misdemeanor engaging in prostitution. Officers say the warrants, which were from June 2013, were from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Another woman who was in the motel room was not charged.
• A 61-year-old woman reported a vandalism in the 700 block of Old Plank Road, Salisbury that she said occurred Sunday.
• A 24-year-old woman reported identity theft in the 1000 block of Ashwood Place, Salisbury that she said occurred sometime Sunday.
• JJ Tire & Auto Center, 401 Bringle Ferry Road, reported a breaking and entering that occurred around 6 p.m. Saturday.
• An attempted burglary was reported on Sunday in the 600 block of East Cemetery Street.
• A 46-year-old woman reported a vandalism on Monday morning in the 100 block of West Corriher Avenue at an apartment there.
• Jansen Taylor Hedrick, 36, was charged Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II while at the Economy Inn motel.
• Jonathan Edwin Chambers, 23, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery or affray on Friday while in the 200 block of West D Avenue, Salisbury.
• Isaiah Thomas Little, 16, was charged with felony larceny from a person on Saturday while in the 600 block of East Cemetery Street, Salisbury.
• Shahannah Nykole Adkins, 23, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery or affray on Monday morning while in the 1000 block of New Street, Salisbury.
• Terry Lee Hunt, 42, was charged with misdemeanor larceny on Monday morning while in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
In other sheriff’s news:
• Officers served a search warrant at a home in the 300 block of Bonaventure Drive, where they found marijuana. Shafiq Sami Moujahed, 26, was cited for possession of a controlled substance schedule VI. He was also charged with misdemeanor failure to appear.
• Carmel Baptist Church of 2100 Mooresville Road, reported on March 13 someone cut the lock to an outbuilding, but it appears nothing was taken.
• Charles Conrad Hendrix, 70, was charged March 13 with misdmeanor gambling.
• Willie James Collins, 53, was charged March 13 with felony habitual larceny.