Laundromat fire extinguished quickly
A fire was reported at Campbell’s Coin Laundry, located at 724 Jake Alexander Blvd. West, around 12:27 p.m. today.
The fire started in a dryer and was extinguished quickly. The first company of fire fighters who arrived put it out using a fire extinguisher.
Two dryers were damaged, and there was some smoke damage in the business and the business next door.
According to Salisbury Fire Department Battalion Chief Mark Thompson, there were no injuries.
SALISBURY — To lure jobs and investment, community leaders once focused on what they didn’t have. “It was all about... read more