Cabarrus self reliance group wants new members
The Cabarrus County Community for a Local Self Reliance is recruiting new members.
The goal of the non-partisan group is to promote the local production and consumption of goods and services, the responsible use of resources, and the removal of local regulatory barriers to local business growth.
Some past projects included:
• Enabling small business to obtain waivers to local landscaping ordinances to lower cost of business start up,
• Modifications to the Cabarrus County website to make it more user friendly for local businesses.
Some projects currently underway include:
• Increasing opportunity for local businesses to obtain information about and bid on school, city and county government, and hospital projects,
• Educating the community about economic benefits of locally owned businesses,
• Examining ways to make the community more user friendly for local businesses.
The next meeting will be Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. at the Rowan Cabarrus building at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis. Contact Helen McInnis at 704-763-7406 for more information.