5 things to do this weekend
Published 12:00 am Friday, February 7, 2014
1. Tonight: Attend the opening reception for “Art from the Heart,” a solo exhibit of photos and paintings by Elizabeth H. McAdams, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Rail Walk Studio & Gallery, 409 N. Lee St. Admission is free.
2. Tonight: Hear Chris Trapper in concert, with special guest Andrew Hodges, at Lee Street Theater, 329 N. Lee St. , starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12.
3. Saturday: Check out the new exhibition, “Relationships — Art of the Human Condition and Effects on the Environment,” at Waterworks Visual Arts Center, 123 E. Liberty St. Open Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
4. Saturday: Get a free health screening between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday at the J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., courtesy of Alpha Kappa Alpha and Novant Health. Checking blood pressure, body mass, diabetes, with nutritionist on site.
5. Sunday: Take in a matinee of Tennessee Williams’ “Summer and Smoke” at Old Courthouse Theatre, 49 Spring St. NW, Concord, at 2:30 p.m. Rated PG. 704 788-2405, www.oldcourthousetheatre.org