R3 Center workshops for November
KANNAPOLIS — The R3 Center is offering career development workshops and resume clinics in November for adults in Rowan and Cabarrus counties. Workshops and clinics are free of charge.
Clients new to R3 Career Services will be scheduled to meet with a Career Coach for a “Meet Your Coach.” In this workshop, clients will develop an R3 career action plan and identify assisting resources. Workshops are available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 9 a.m. Call 704-216-7201 to reserve a seat.
Additionally, each Wednesday in November, the R3 Career Services will have “R3 Clinics” available at the NC Department of Commerce Division of Workforce Solutions/JobLink Career Centers in both Rowan and Cabarrus counties. The clinics will feature Meet Your College, Resume Screening, Career Coaching and R3 Workshops. Clients wanting to attend an R3 Clinic are asked to call 704-216-7201 to schedule an appointment.
Salisbury location: DWS/JobLink Center, 1904 S. Main St., Salisbury, 2:30 p.m. workshop.
Concord location: DWS/JobLink Center, 2275 Kannapolis Hwy., Concord, 10 a.m. workshop.
R3’s mission is built on three Rs – a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education, and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.
New Client Launch is an orientation workshop for persons who have never attended an R3 workshop or taken advantage of its other services. New Client Launch appointments are available Monday-Friday and can be made by calling 704-216-7201.
The calendar also includes the following workshops:
• Identifying Your Career Options – 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 14; 2 p.m. on Nov. 7 and 21;
• Interview Techniques – 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 12;
• Networking Methods – 11 a.m. on Nov. 12;
• Stand Out from the Competition – 11 a.m. on Nov. 21; 2 p.m. on Nov. 5;
• Looking for Work at 50+ – 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 21;
• Looking for Work with a Criminal Record –11 a.m. on Nov. 14;
• Letter Writing for the Job Seeker – 11 a.m. on Nov. 19;
• Online Job Hunting Advanced — 11 a.m. on Nov. 7.
R3 Career Services helps adult workers assess their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials, and future career interests to develop an action plan for career growth. The center will also offer multiple resume clinics to help job searchers improve their resumes or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat. The resume clinics are scheduled for:
• 9:30 a.m. Nov. 7 and 19;
• 2 p.m. Nov. 12.
R3 Career Services also offers short-term training classes starting in November and December.
Some students will qualify for tuition waivers based on income and employment status. Please call 704-216-7201 for more information and to learn how to register.
Pathways to Nurse Aide – North Campus
• Nov. now-18 (Monday-Thursday) 5:30-9:30 p.m.
• Nov. 13-26 (Monday-Thursday) 12:30-4:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2-12 (Monday-Thursday) 12:30-4:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2-12 (Monday-Thursday) 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Pathways to Nurse Aide – CBTC
• Nov. now-18 (Monday-Thursday) 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2-12 (Monday-Thursday) 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Pathways to Nurse Aide – Cloverleaf Extension Center
• Now-Nov. 18 (Monday-Thursday) 5:30-9:30 p.m.
• Dec. 2-12 (Monday-Thursday) 5:30-9:30 p.m.
Essential Computer Skills – Career Connections
• Nov. 4-27 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) noon-3 p.m.
• Dec. 2-19 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Basic Computer Skills – Career Connections
• Now-Nov. 28 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Dec. 2-18 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Skills for Success – North Campus
• Nov. 12-21 (Monday-Thursday) 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Dec. 2-12 (Monday-Thursday) 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Skills for Success – CBTC
• Dec. 2-13 (Monday-Friday) 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
R3 Career Services partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, JobLink Career Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Department of Commerce- Division of Workforce Solutions, and other area community colleges.
R3 Career Services are offered at the following locations:
• R3 Center – 200 West Ave., Kannapolis
• Cabarrus Business & Technology Center (CBTC) – 660 Concord Parkway N., Concord
• Rowan-Cabarrus North Campus – 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. S., Salisbury
• Career Connections – 1923 S. Main St., Salisbury
• Cloverleaf Extension Center – 942 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis
For more information about the R3 Career Services and its services and programs, please call 704-216-7201, or visit the Center’s website at www.rccc.edu/r3/.
Laugh Tracks, a new sketch comedy show, will hold auditions for actors and writers at 7 p.m. today and next... read more