School board to meet, discuss grant application
SALISBURY — The Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education will consider Monday applying for a grant to fund school resource officers.
The school board meets at 5 p.m. Monday in the boardroom at 110 S. Long St. in East Spencer.
Also at the meeting, the board plans to:
• Discuss possible revisions to the recycling policy.
• Consider a field trip request from East Rowan High School for the FBLA competition in Greensboro.
• Hear an update about the progress of the Crosby Scholars program from director Jennifer Canipe.
• Hear an update about the Pathways to Prosperity program from Dr. Julie Morrow.
• Discuss safety concerns about Knox Middle School raised by board member Chuck Hughes.
• Consider rescheduling the November board meeting.
• Meet in closed session to approve the monthly personnel report, approve closed session minutes and receive an update on the school board’s budget mediation with county commissioners.
Local artist Mike Wigal is a man who dabbles in many artistic mediums, but his latest is creating murals using... read more