Fair entry forms due today; class offered
Rowan County Fair entry forms are due no later than today. The official entry forms can be turned in to Cooperative Extension at the Agriculture Center on Old Concord Road in Salisbury or faxed to 704-216-8995. Go online at http://rowancountyfair.net/fairbook_2012.pdf for the complete catalog, including entry forms.
• Exhibits are accepted from 1-6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15.
• Judging begins at 9 a.m., Monday, Sept. 16.
• Entries and exhibits will be released on Sunday, Sept. 22 from 2-4 p.m. Premium checks and awards can be picked up also at this time.
The Rowan County Fair begins Monday, Sept. 16, and runs through Saturday, Sept. 21. The fair is located on Julian Road just east of I-85.
Upcoming pesticide safety classes
Cooperative Extension in Rowan County is sponsoring two pesticide recertification training meetings for both private and commercial applicators, Thursday, Sept. 26, at the Agricultural Center on Old Concord Road in Salisbury.
• 9-11 a.m. — Pesticide Update, Fire Ant Update, Pesticide Safety and Fall Pasture Weed Management. The class will provide two hours of continuing certification credits in the following subclasses: L. (Ornamental and Turf), N. (Demonstration and Research), O. (Ag Plant Pest), D. (Dealer) and X. (Private Applicator).
• 7-9 p.m. — V-Training for Private Applicators. Two hours of continuing certification credits for private pesticide applicators. This recertification training only for private applicators whose license expires in 2013.
Please contact Cooperative Extension at 704-216-8970 or email@example.com to register or for more information.