DENTON — A little boy, 7-10 years old, was transported to a hospital Friday afternoon after he burned his hand on hot coals that were part of a soap-making demonstration at the Southeast Old Threshers’ Reunion.
It is unclear if the child tripped and fell, causing him to put his hand on the hot coals.
A cast iron pot of lard had been boiling earlier as part of the soap-making demonstration. The lard had cooled to some degree, but the coals around the bottom of the pot on the ground were still hot.
Davidson EMS responded to the scene around 4 p.m. The child was taken to a hospital, but his condition was unknown.
FAITH — A little bit of rain on the parade didn’t stop the Faith Fourth on Thursday. While the rain... read more