Heating blankets cause Saturday fire at house in China Grove
CHINA GROVE — Investigators determined two heating blankets on a mattress started a Saturday fire at a South Main Street home, the Rowan County Fire Marshall’s Office said Monday.
The couple living at the home were taken to Rowan Regional Medical Center as a precaution for smoke inhalation.
China Grove Fire Chief Jeff Gledhill said the couple briefly tried to fight the fire in the bedroom. When fire crews arrived, smoke was coming from the bedroom windows.
There was fire damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the home.
After more than five decades of silence, Dorothy Kirk started singing again at the age of 65 years old “We... read more