Blood drives planned Sunday and Monday
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Blood donors are everyday heroes who help save lives. During Red Cross Month, the American Red Cross recognizes these lifesavers, thanks them for their generosity and encourages others to join their ranks.
“Red Cross Month is an ideal time for people to show support for our mission,” said Delisa English, CEO of the Carolinas Blood Services Region. “Anyone can become an everyday hero by giving blood or platelets, becoming a volunteer, making a financial donation or taking a class.”
In addition to collecting and distributing about 40 percent of the nation’s blood supply, the Red Cross responds to nearly 70,000 disasters a year in the U.S., providing shelter, food, emotional support and other necessities to those affected.
Upcoming blood drives:
• Woodleaf Community blood drive, Woodleaf Fire Department, Sunday, March 3, 1-5:30 p.m.
• China Grove Church of God, Monday, March 4, 3-7:30 p.m.
• Salisbury Community blood drive, E.H. Dole Chapter, Monday, March 4, noon-4:30 p.m.
• Spencer Presbyterian Church blood drive, Monday, March 4, 2:30-7 p.m.
• Rowan Regional Medical Center, Thursday, March 28, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For blood donation opportunities near you, please visit redcrossblood.org or call (336) 413-3311