Town crier, week of June 25
Today, June 25
• Neighborhood Leaders Alliance blockwork selection committee, 11 a.m., City Hall first floor Conference Room, 217 S. Main St.
• Smart Start Rowan board executive meeting, 11:30 a.m. lunch and fellowship, board meeting at noon. Trinity Oaks Retirement Center, 728 Klumac Road.
• Lake Norman Regional Medical Center diabetes support group, noon-1 p.m., Burlington Room at Charles Mack Citizens Center, Mooresville, 704-660-4859.
• Kannapolis City Council, 4:30 p.m., tour of the old K-Town Furniture Store building, no action will be taken.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc., 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library, 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center. Bring show & tell, pick & pay, a refreshment and tip of the month.
• The Kneeling Gardeners, 7 p.m., Trinity United Methodist Church, Kannapolis, Birds Unlimited’s Michael Bradshaw on attracting goldfinches, 704-933-1127.
Tuesday, June 26
• Meeting cancelled – Salisbury Planning Board regular meeting.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle, kwiken firstname.lastname@example.org, www.uwharriecba.org
• Book Bites Book Club, 6:30 p.m., “Life of Pi” by Yan Marte, South Rowan Public Library, China Grove, 704-216-8229
WEDNESDAY, June 27
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 7 a.m.-noon, corner South Main and Bank streets.
• Historic Preservation Commission committee regarding certificate of appropriateness for demolition, 9 a.m., 111 E. Cemetery St.
• Annual Faith Fourth Celebration, Food booths, rides open 6 p.m.; The Shakers sing at 7:30 p.m., www.faithnc.com
THURSDAY, June 28
• Housing Advocacy Commission, noon-4 p.m., Park Avenue Neighborhood Center, 632 Park Ave.
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, dinner 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m.
• Ninth annual patriotic benefit concert series — 7 p.m., by Piedmont Choral Society at Central UMC, 30 Union St. N, Concord, 704-699-6053.
• Rowan Brain Injury Support Group, 7 p.m., Easter Seals/ UCP office, 620 W. Innes St. Nadine Cherry 980-622-7732, Jane Jackman The Arc of Rowan 704-637-1521.
• Carolina Historical Association for Metal Detecting, 7:30 p.m., Grace Ridge Club House, 2815 Grace Church Road, 704-310-6321, 336-474-7268.
• Today in 1914, World War I began. Archduke Francis Ferdinand assassinated in (what is now known as) Sarajevo, Bosnia.
• Annual Faith Fourth Celebration, Food booths, rides open 6 p.m.; The Embers sing at 7:30 p.m.; Food Lion armband night, www.faithnc.com
FRIDAY, June 29
• Red Cross Blood Drive, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Genesis Healthcare main dining room, 710 Julian Road. Call 704-738-1008 for appointment. Walk-ins welcome, chance to win $1000 gift card.
• China Grove Farmers Market, 4-7 p.m., China Grove Roller Mill on Main Street.
• Annual Faith Fourth Celebration, Food booths, rides open 6 p.m.; Jim Quick & Coastline sing at 7:30 p.m.; Faith Idol competition 12 and under, 8:30 p.m., www.faithnc.com
SATURDAY, June 30
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 7 a.m.-noon, corner of South Main and Bank streets.
• Lexington Farmer’s Market, 8 a.m.-noon, historic Train Depot, 29 Railroad St.
• Shiloh Mission 5K run/walk and 1/2 mile fun run, Shiloh Reformed Church of Faith, 100 S. Main St., Faith, 8 a.m. 5K; 8:50 a.m. fun run, www.faithnc.com
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30 a.m., Fairfield Inn, 30330 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis.
• Rowan Tea Party breakfast, rescheduled from June 23. 8:30-10 a.m., meet the runoff candidates at Ryan’s featuring John Tedesco, Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Salisbury Historic trolley tour, 11 a.m., tour begins and end at Visitor’s Center, 204 E. Innes St., 704-638-3100, www.visitsalisburync.com
• Annual Faith Fourth Celebration, 1-5 p.m. armband rides matinee; food booths, rides open 6 p.m.; Summer Daze sings at 7:30 p.m.; Faith Idol competition Juniors, 8:30 p.m., www.faithnc. com
SUNDAY, July 1
• Community Celebration of Liberty, 11 a.m., patriotic music by St. John’s Choir and Men’s Chorus. St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St.
• Ninth annual patriotic benefit concert series, 3 p,m., by Piedmont Choral Society at First Presbyterian Church, 201 Vance Ave., Kannapolis, 704-699-6053.
• Annual Faith Fourth Celebration, Shrine Band at Faith Baptist Church 4 p.m.; Patriotic program follows at 5 p.m.; food booths, rides open 6 p.m.; Salisbury Swing Band at 7 p.m., www.faithnc.com