Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Spaghetti dinner fundraiser, 4-8 p.m., Saturday, April 14. $8, 12 and under eat free. Cabarrus Shrine Club, cabarrusshrine@ carolina.rr.com, 704-436-2571 for tickets. Proceeds benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children.
• Community pancake breakfast, 7 a.m.-noon, Saturday, April 14, Woodleaf UMC, 9000 Church St., across from Woodleaf Elementary. Breakfast for a donation, proceeds benefit Woodleaf UMC Health Ministry Program.
• Christians in the Marketplace prayer breakfast, 8-9:30 a.m., Saturday, April 14, free, Christ Transformation Center, 1933 Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Spring spruce-up week and appliance and tire collection, April 16–20. City of Salisbury picks up appliances, tires without rims, extra bagged trash; no building materials, residents inside city limits only. 704-638-5260.
• 5th, 8th, 12th District congressional candidates to speak at Rowan Tea Party Patriots meeting, Tuesday, April 17, Blue Bay Seafood Restaurant, 2050 Statesville Blvd. Dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m.