Elect 2012: Submit your questions for candidate forums
What would you like to ask the candidates for the Rowan County Board of Commissioners?
How about the state House and Congress?
The Salisbury Post is asking readers to suggest questions for two upcoming candidate forums.
The Post is working in partnership with the Rowan County Chamber of Commerce and Catawba College to hold the forums next week. Here’s the schedule:
Wednesday, April 11
• 6 to 6:50 p.m., Republicans vying for the District 76 seat in the N.C. House — Carl Ford and Eric Troyer — will answer questions. (There is no Democratic primary for this seat.)
• 7 to 8:30 p.m., all seven candidates for North Carolina’s 8th District seat in the U.S. House have been invited to participate. They are Democrats Larry Kissell and Marcus Williams and Republicans Richard Hudson, Scott Keadle, Vernon Robinson, Fred Steen and John Whitley.
Thursday, April 12
• 6-7 p.m., the six Democrats in the race are featured. They are Leda Belk, Carrol Crawford, Thomas Eller, Corey Hill, Travis Summitt and Ralph Walton.
• 7:15-8:30 p.m. will feature the nine Republicans — Gus Andrews, Mac Butner, Mike Caskey, Carl Dangerfield, Bill Feather, Laura Hutchison, Joel Johnson, Gene Miller and Craig Pierce.
Both forums will be held in Tom Smith Auditorium on the Catawba campus.
Dr. Michael Bitzer, professor of political science and history at Catawba College, will moderate the forums. Bitzer selects the final questions, but he relies on Salisbury Post readers to share their suggestions.
How to do it
So if you have questions for the candidates in any of these races, please send them in any of these ways:
• Email to email@example.com
• Fax to Editor Elizabeth Cook’s attention at 704-639-0003.
• Phone Elizabeth Cook at 704-797-4244.
• Mail to Editor Elizabeth Cook at the Salisbury Post, P.O. Box 4639, Salisbury, NC 28144.
• Drop off your questions at the Post at 131 W. Innes St. in downtown Salisbury.