Sign up now for John Campbell Memorial golf tournament
Published 12:00 am Friday, March 30, 2012
Registrations are being taken for the 2012 John Campbell Memorial Golf Classic, organized by Rowan Regional Medical Center Foundation and sponsored by Cloninger Ford-Toyota-Scion.
The golf event will be held May 4, a Friday, at the Country Club of Salisbury.
This is the 10th consecutive year Cloninger has sponsored the tournament, making the Campbell Classic one of Rowan County’s most popular and successful golf events.
Last year, the foursome of Johnny Kyger, Phil Miller, Chris Owen and Keith Dorsett were the Campbell Classic Cup winners shooting a 53 at the Salisbury Country Club golf course.
Nearly $84,000 was raised to support the purchase of fetal heart monitors. This year, all proceeds will benefit the new Rowan Hospice House, currently under construction on Statesville Boulevard.
Golfer registrations are under way for morning tee times.
The player fees are $175 each or $700 for a foursome. Registrations with payments are processed in the order they are received through April 15.
N. Trent Bradshaw and David L. Bolick are co-chairmen of this year’s event. Steering Committee members are Camille T. Campbell, W. Summersett Carter, Beverly H. Dillard, Michael Doran, Sandy T. Morrison, Dr. Ryan K. Rich and Jeff S. Wetmore.
Several holes throughout the course have been selected as “competition holes” for contests such as “longest drive” and “closest to the pin.” Prizes will be awarded for each category, as well as additional challenges — a Hole-in-One Contest, Longest Putt and $25,000 Shootout!
Post tournament festivities will include door prizes, refreshments and award presentations to each golfer in the first and second place team of each flight.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this popular tournament. Sponsorships range from $500 to $10,000. Contact Dee Smith or Diane Hooper at Rowan Regional Medical Center Foundation, 704-210-6880, for more information.
Rowan Regional Medical Center Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to supporting excellence in healthcare within Rowan Regional Medical Center’s service areas.
Current sponsors are:
• Presenting Sponsor — Cloninger-Ford-Toyota-Scion.
• Golfer Swing Video — Vantage South Bank.
• Luncheon Sponsor — F&M Bank.
• Golfer Gift Sponsor — Crothall.
• Print Media Sponsor — Salisbury Post.
• Registration Sponsor — Food Lion.
• Hole Sponsors — Citizens South; Crothall; Farrington Family Medical Center; The Laurels; Penrod Medical Equipment; Presbyterian Anesthesia Group; Rowan Diagnostic Clinic; Salisbury Urological Clinic; Summit Developers; TEAM Chevrolet; and Walser Technology.
• Campbell Cruiser Sponsor — Bradshaw Financial Group.
• Tee Sponsor — BB&T.
• Beer Sponsor — United Beverage.
• Closest To Pin — Basinger Design Co., P.C.
• Longest Putt — Summersett Funeral Home & Crematory.
• Eagle Sponsors — Advanced Home Care, First Bank, Carrol Fisher Construction Co., Southeast Radiation Oncology.
Sponsorships still available are: 7 Hole sponsorships; Hospitality Carts; Driving Range sponsor; Greens sponsor; Hole-In-One Contest sponsor; Parking Lot sponsor; Closest-To-The-Pin Contest sponsor; Longest Drive Contest sponsor; Scoreboard sponsor; Golf Cart sponsor; and Refreshment sponsor.