Spencer's Candlelight Tour of Churches is Friday
Candlelight Tour of Churches is Friday night
SPENCER — The Spencer Candlelight Tour of Churches is 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday.
The only candlelight church tour in the state, Spencer’s event will feature six churches, each with entertainment. Unlike last year, each church will open for about 20 minutes and participants will tour as a group, rather than individually. Anyone can join the tour at any time during the evening.
The fourth annual self-guided, free church tour is open to the public. Trolley rides are available, but seating is limited. Meet at the Spencer Shops (formerly Park Plaza) at 5:30 p.m. Price is $1 for all riders older than three.
Tour schedule includes:
• Stop 1 — Spencer Presbyterian Church 6-6:20 p.m. North Rowan High School Band ensemble
• Stop 2 — Oakdale Baptist Church 6:30-6:50 p.m.
• Stop 3 — Dorsett Chapel 7-7:20 p.m. Liturgical dance (worship through dance)
• Stop 4 — Central United Methodist Church 7:30-7:50 p.m. Central Ringers handbell choir
• Stop 5 — First Baptist Church 8-8:20 p.m. History of Chrismons & demonstration
• Stop 6 — Calvary Lutheran Church 8:30 p.m. Special Christmas Service