Candlelight Tour of Spencer Churches
Published 12:00 am Friday, December 9, 2011
The fourth annual Candlelight Tour of Spencer Churches is set for 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 16.
Sponsored by the Spencer Hometown Holidays Committee, the tour is free and open to the public. Tour guide booklets will be provided.
The tour will begin at 6 p.m. at Spencer Presbyterian and will finish at Calvary Lutheran Church with a short Christmas service starting at 8:30 p.m.
Tour guides will be on hand at each church to show visitors around and answer questions.
Trolley rides are available., meeting at the Spencer Shops (formerly Park Plaza) at 5:30. Price is $1 for all riders over the age of 3.
The schedule is as follows:
• 6-6:20 p.m., Spencer Presbyterian Church, 113 First St. The North Rowan High School band ensemble will play.
• 6:30-6:50 p.m. Oakdale Baptist Church
• 7-7:20 Dorsett Chapel, 1280 Hollywood Dr. There will be a liturgical dance performance.
•7:30-7:50 p.m. Central United Methodist Church, 200 Fourth St.
• 8-8:20 p.m. First Baptist Church, 215 Fifth St. Barbara Rufty will give a paresentation and demonstration about Chrismons.
• 8:30 p.m. Calvary Lutheran Church, 303 Fifth St., Christmas service.